MNScuba.com
Hello Everyone - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Hello Everyone (/showthread.php?tid=5259)

Pages: 1 2

Hello Everyone - Minnow Moskowitz - 08-25-2010

Been reading you for 2 months. I am a FNG to scuba and taking my dive certification through a great dive shop in Hudson Wisconsin.
I am very impressed with the people I have met in the dive shop. I see from what I have been reading in here divers as a whole are really good people. I have enjoyed many nights reading your posts and downloading your videos and pictures.
Thank you.
I hope to become part of your community and be welcomed as a fellow diver.

Re: Hello Everyone - scubafreek864 - 08-25-2010

Welcome to mnscuba.

Post your info in the Dive buddy list: 

I have used the list with great success.

Re: Hello Everyone - acharpenter - 08-26-2010

Hello! Welcome - looking forward to meeting/diving with you!!!

Awesome group of people here!

Re: Hello Everyone - BigC - 08-27-2010

Welcome to mnscuba!
As to the acronym...you ex military? I have def heard and used that term MANY a time both on and off the base....lol

Re: Hello Everyone - Minnow Moskowitz - 08-30-2010

Thanks for the welcome
Yes I am ex Military. Went in in 69 in the Navy but I was not a diver. I knew the diver on my ship but was jealous of his job. Far as I could tell all he did was get new tattoos and walk around with his dive knife strapped to his leg. I am not sure if he ever got wet. I wish I would have got into diving 30 years ago but other things were on my mind like women, beer and rock music. Wait I guess I still think that way but diving is really cool.
Minnow

Re: Hello Everyone - Shooter - 08-31-2010

welcome aboard! Cool avatar  8)  Divers & pirates get all the booty!  Smile

Re: Hello Everyone - Indigo Blues - 08-31-2010

Welcome aboard to our rag-tag band of diving gypsies!

Re: Hello Everyone - Terry - 08-31-2010

on my mind like women, beer and rock music. Wait I guess I still think that way but diving is really cool.
Minnow
[/quote]

All are dandy pursuits Minnow, welcome aboard, (tell the kid in your avatar to use the wrapper of a stick of juicy fruit gum folded up into a "U" shape, then once its in position flick it in with your fingernail, thats how I learned about electricity, (the class I was in was really boring anyway)) Let us know when your officially certified.       TRINITY

Re: Hello Everyone - tullibee - 08-31-2010

what do you mean "that's how you learned about electricity"  -- I hear that's how you still work with it!!!  I bet there's a gum dispenser in the back of the van!  >Big Grin  (OK, I must admit that I popped a breaker doing that same trick many years ago...)

welcome to the pond Minnow!  come on in, the water is fine!  (of course, a few of us around here still think it is fine even when you have to cut a hole to get to the fluid part, so take our opinions with a shaker of salt...)

Re: Hello Everyone - BigC - 08-31-2010

Ah yes.....the tattoo parlor got allot of my money as well when I wasn't dodging carefully poured lead rounds....lol. We will have to have a chat over some cold ones. I am about an hour away from Hudson so when you are certified, let me know. We can dive together and reflect on the good old days in the service. Mine a little more recent than yours mind you....89-97....but it will do over some beers.