Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hello Everyone
08-25-2010, 07:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2010, 07:22 AM by Minnow Moskowitz.)
Hello Everyone
Been reading you for 2 months. I am a FNG to scuba and taking my dive certification through a great dive shop in Hudson Wisconsin.
I am very impressed with the people I have met in the dive shop. I see from what I have been reading in here divers as a whole are really good people. I have enjoyed many nights reading your posts and downloading your videos and pictures.
Thank you.
I hope to become part of your community and be welcomed as a fellow diver.

08-25-2010, 08:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM by scubafreek864.)
Re: Hello Everyone
Welcome to mnscuba.

Post your info in the Dive buddy list: 

I have used the list with great success.
08-26-2010, 08:04 PM,
Hello! Welcome - looking forward to meeting/diving with you!!!

Awesome group of people here!
08-27-2010, 08:21 PM,
Welcome to mnscuba!
As to the acronym...you ex military? I have def heard and used that term MANY a time both on and off the base....lol
&quot;Gentle determination is the true strength of a man&quot;<br />My Mom<br />1946 ~ 2001<br />Cancer is not a faceless disease
08-30-2010, 07:25 PM,
Thanks for the welcome
Yes I am ex Military. Went in in 69 in the Navy but I was not a diver. I knew the diver on my ship but was jealous of his job. Far as I could tell all he did was get new tattoos and walk around with his dive knife strapped to his leg. I am not sure if he ever got wet. I wish I would have got into diving 30 years ago but other things were on my mind like women, beer and rock music. Wait I guess I still think that way but diving is really cool.
Minnow
08-31-2010, 06:28 AM,

welcome aboard! Cool avatar  8)  Divers & pirates get all the booty!  Smile
08-31-2010, 08:39 AM,
Welcome aboard to our rag-tag band of diving gypsies!
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
08-31-2010, 10:25 AM,
  on my mind like women, beer and rock music. Wait I guess I still think that way but diving is really cool.
Minnow
[/quote]

All are dandy pursuits Minnow, welcome aboard, (tell the kid in your avatar to use the wrapper of a stick of juicy fruit gum folded up into a "U" shape, then once its in position flick it in with your fingernail, thats how I learned about electricity, (the class I was in was really boring anyway)) Let us know when your officially certified.       TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
08-31-2010, 11:44 AM,

what do you mean "that's how you learned about electricity"  -- I hear that's how you still work with it!!!  I bet there's a gum dispenser in the back of the van!  >Big Grin  (OK, I must admit that I popped a breaker doing that same trick many years ago...)

welcome to the pond Minnow!  come on in, the water is fine!  (of course, a few of us around here still think it is fine even when you have to cut a hole to get to the fluid part, so take our opinions with a shaker of salt...)
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
08-31-2010, 06:30 PM,
Ah yes.....the tattoo parlor got allot of my money as well when I wasn't dodging carefully poured lead rounds....lol. We will have to have a chat over some cold ones. I am about an hour away from Hudson so when you are certified, let me know. We can dive together and reflect on the good old days in the service. Mine a little more recent than yours mind you....89-97....but it will do over some beers.
&quot;Gentle determination is the true strength of a man&quot;<br />My Mom<br />1946 ~ 2001<br />Cancer is not a faceless disease