MNScuba.com
Atomic B2 - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Atomic B2 (/showthread.php?tid=5272)

Atomic B2 - Arkman - 09-02-2010

I got a really good deal on an Atomic B2...free.  One local shop services atomic the other doesnt.  Unfortunatly the shop that I like doesn't.  The shopp I do like said he would take a look at it and see what he can do. Now I don't know that it needs to be serviced, but I do want to have it inspected to make sure. (Although its only a sort of important piece of equipment :Smile)

What do you guys think of this? Should I look farther away to service my reg or bring it into the LDS and have him look. As far as I know its not under warranty or anything, even if it was I'm assuming that goes away when transferring to a new owner.

What should I expect with this regulator? I know that it hasn't been used for a few year but it was taken care of before that. Its really just sat in storage since then. I would assume they will inspect, and then repair whats needed. Is this a really expensive process usually? I'd really like to use this regulator but I'd prefer to not drop a ton of money on it right now. Although if there is one thing I'm good at its spending money.

I am also getting the Atomic SS1 integrated octo and have the same questions. Now I don't need this since I have a perfectly good Seaquest airsource on my Seaquest balance. I don't even know if the Atomic SS1 will fit on my BC yet but anyhow, I have basically the same questions for this as the B2.

Re: Atomic B2 - arcFlash - 09-03-2010

I was told some time ago by a service tech that leaving a reg sit is hard on them. He told me, if you are using it all the time it's going to stay in better condition.

Re: Atomic B2 - MNBeerdiver - 09-09-2010

Atomic makes good regs, and they need service every two years or 300 dives.  They never offered a warranty parts program like other manufacturers  You should have inspection and service work done by an Atomic trained technician using Atomic parts and following procedure.