Remember me
Lost Password Register

Atomic B2
09-02-2010, 08:31 PM,
Atomic B2
I got a really good deal on an Atomic B2...free.  One local shop services atomic the other doesnt.  Unfortunatly the shop that I like doesn't.  The shopp I do like said he would take a look at it and see what he can do. Now I don't know that it needs to be serviced, but I do want to have it inspected to make sure. (Although its only a sort of important piece of equipment :Smile)

What do you guys think of this? Should I look farther away to service my reg or bring it into the LDS and have him look. As far as I know its not under warranty or anything, even if it was I'm assuming that goes away when transferring to a new owner.

What should I expect with this regulator? I know that it hasn't been used for a few year but it was taken care of before that. Its really just sat in storage since then. I would assume they will inspect, and then repair whats needed. Is this a really expensive process usually? I'd really like to use this regulator but I'd prefer to not drop a ton of money on it right now. Although if there is one thing I'm good at its spending money.

I am also getting the Atomic SS1 integrated octo and have the same questions. Now I don't need this since I have a perfectly good Seaquest airsource on my Seaquest balance. I don't even know if the Atomic SS1 will fit on my BC yet but anyhow, I have basically the same questions for this as the B2.
09-03-2010, 08:15 AM,
Re: Atomic B2
I was told some time ago by a service tech that leaving a reg sit is hard on them. He told me, if you are using it all the time it's going to stay in better condition.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
09-09-2010, 09:46 PM,
Re: Atomic B2
Atomic makes good regs, and they need service every two years or 300 dives.  They never offered a warranty parts program like other manufacturers  You should have inspection and service work done by an Atomic trained technician using Atomic parts and following procedure.