Remember me
Lost Password Register

Shore Diving
01-09-2005, 12:05 PM,
Re:Shore Diving
I was in Cozumel over the Christmas holiday and because the wind was to strong to go out in the boats, I shore dove the first two days.

I second AandA's recommendation for shorediving by the Coral Princess. I was amazed at how much fish and interesting coral there was along the shoreline wall. I'm a newly certified diver, so being able to just follow the wall made the diving very easy and eliminated the chances of getting lost or disorientated. Also because the max depth is around 10-15 feet and the diving very easy to access, you can dive as long or as little as you want.

This worked especially good for me because I stayed at the Coral Princess.
01-09-2005, 08:55 PM,
Re:Shore Diving
We got back from Coz last night :'(... Water temp was 78 most of the time but did register 80 deg on one dive. We stayed at the Villa Blanca which was in a greatspot for shore diving.(The rooms in the economy class are not the greatest, but they are cheap) There are 2 big piers on the island for cruise ships and they are spaced about 2.0 miles apart from each other. Alot of smaller boats reside in those 2 areas as well. The further awy from those areas, the better + the further north of downtown-the stronger the current. There are 2 dive shops right there (Papa hogs :-\and dive paradise :'() They load their boats through out the day but it is the worst in the early morning. They rent tanks for $6.00 and that is probably the only service I would pursue from either of the shops. Our normal Dive operator Liquid Blue ;D ;D ;Dwas booked up on one of the days we wanted and so we took one day with Dive Paradise :'( :'( :'(They cut the last dive about a 20 minutes short so a rude couple on board could make their cruise ship >SadWe came up with 1900psi-They sucked! They are at least capable of renting tanks. There is coral and sea life all around that area. Walk south of Papa Hogs about a block, get in the water there and drift. plenty of decent spots to get out when its time and it will be an easy walk to the store. You can get to 40 feet not all that far from shore. We did several dives there and never really got board. Have fun and check out Liquid Blue. They use steel 120's and they do a top notch job.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson