Remember me
Lost Password Register

Defenders of Wildlife
04-07-2010, 04:11 PM,
Re: Defenders of Wildlife

I agree with Steve, probably the reason we got along as well icing this winter, is I normally agree with him. In the overall, killing wolves, and Sarah Palin as spokesperson, probably has little effect, on anything. Although I did think she looked delightfully smoking hot a few years ago in the pics that were taken in her kitchen, in those stilletto's and miniskirt and halter top by, her,,,, husband, sure! ,,,,more likely a lucky neighbor, while her husband was out hunting moose. This does raise some interersting questions though, what did Randy say, shoot it at me if you would buddy. Is Michelle secretly a member of PETA, OR is she just being a PITA? Now dont delete my post and suspend my membership, hell this isnt single divers after all. Michelle and I are friends, and she can take it. I agree with Shooter too, animal skins have long kept us warm before we started wiping creatures off the map, and created this global warming bummer, that were in, now. Whoops,,,, thats right, we didnt have anything to do with whipping out wholly mammaths, or dinosaures, and we didnt have much to do with the global cooling (with, I suspect global warming being on both sides of that) that created bitching good dive sights like the blue hole in Belize (from 180' down back in the stalagmites and stalagtites some bitchen good photography if you ever get the chance. Indicating, WAY out in the ocean the seas level was several hundred feet lower then today for 100s of years or long enough for the cool mites and tites to form, and since all the water on the planet is fixed, just like enerrgy, not being able to be created or destroyed, all that water must of been stacked up in my yard here in Eagan, miles thick, ohhh I'd be pissed at whoever caused that for 10,000 years.
                I like the introductions idea and think Shooter and Michelle should put together the  next happy hour date,,,, call it PETA vs. PITA, wolves vs women, Palin vs milfs, whoops,,,, that last one is too close to call.           
                                                                        TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
04-07-2010, 05:16 PM,

Good question TRINITY...PETA or PITA??  The play on words is hysterical  ;D  LOL  Very good points made by everyone.  Although I'm more optimistic than Steve and would like to believe that conservation is possible AND worth it.
04-07-2010, 06:54 PM,
We have not even brushed on the whaling petition yet....... ;D
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-07-2010, 08:13 PM,
I am a hunter, and if they ever open up a season on the wolf, I will be applying for a license for sure. 

They are getting too populated for comfort.  Many people in northern Minnesota have lost livestock, pets do to the wolves in the area.  It will probably take a death of a young child before they will open a season up on the wolves. 

Nature does run it's coarse, but protecting an animal doesn't balance it out.  Hunting them does.  I am not saying to wipe them all out, but cut the population down a little.
04-07-2010, 09:57 PM,

I can certainly understand your position on it taking the "death of a young child" before a hunting season is established Robert, and as I said before, I'm not saying the wolf population shouldn't be managed AT SOME POINT, but why not let the wolf recover to safe population levels BEFORE management starts.  A level of recovery that is "too populated for comfort" for some people, could be considered under populated for other people.  Healthy population levels should be maintained by observation, study, and hard, factual statistics. 
04-07-2010, 09:59 PM,

I can certainly understand your position on it taking the "death of a young child" before a hunting season is established Robert, and as I said before, I'm not saying the wolf population shouldn't be managed AT SOME POINT, but why not let the wolf recover to safe population levels BEFORE management starts.  A level of recovery that is "too populated for comfort" for some people, could be considered under populated for other people.  Healthy population levels should be maintained by observation, study, and hard, factual statistics. 
[/quote]

According to DNR, the population is at that point right now. Tongue
04-07-2010, 10:06 PM,
Here is something to read about them.

04-07-2010, 10:12 PM,
According to DNR, the population is at that point right now. Tongue
[/quote]

With your statement Robert, I will not make any further comment until I am current with my information.  
04-07-2010, 10:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2010, 10:33 PM by mermaid.)

Thanks for the information Robert, but I guess I'd like verifiable data from multiple, reliable, reputable sources
rather than just one... 
  Even the DNR claims to have received 1,000's of complaints...and the situation has cost taxpayers millions of dollars...where's the proof of this?  Or is the petition slanted to towards those who would have rather not had the wolf
recover at all?  Please do not misunderstand my position...I'm NOT against management...I'm against the needless, cruel slaughter of an animal that may or may not be at sustainable levels. 

Like I said, I'm going to withhold any further comment until I can do some checking of my own.   
04-07-2010, 10:28 PM,

Thanks for the information Robert, but I guess I'd like verifiable information from multiple, reliable, reputable sources
rather than just one... 
[/quote]

I don't know of any other reliable, reputable sources that would be able to trump the Minnesota DNR.  I suppose some animals rights groups can come up with a load of crap to fill your head with.