Remember me
Lost Password Register

Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
04-16-2010, 08:01 AM,
Re: Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
We did Phalen last weekend, but that's OK with me.  Viz was pretty poor.  I'm not sure if Calhoun, Little Long, or Perch would be any better.
04-16-2010, 08:03 AM,
Phalen is OK - I have dove there but it was 30 years ago. If we go with Phalen, what location at the lake would we meet? 9AM is good for me.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-16-2010, 08:56 AM,
If some of you guys just did Phalen, and you know vis was bad, we could give something else a try.  Little Long is one of the two lakes that I have done, so my preference among that list would be for Perch or Calhoun.  After a quick scan of info on those lakes, my top vote would be for Perch.  Anyone else have any recent experience with conditions at any of these?
04-16-2010, 09:07 AM,
i can swing by calhoun after work, last year it was really clear, i was there earlier this year but the ice was still in, so it could be horrible now... anyone check elmo lately?  otherwise theres christmas too. perch is cool with me, i've never been there.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
04-16-2010, 09:18 AM,
I'll go to perch.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-16-2010, 09:47 AM,
I'm up for Perch, but we'd need to park in the little boat ramp area and go in on the South side I think it is.  The county park is closed till May 1.  I haven't dove that side of the lake so I don't know whats there.  The training platforms are on the other side (not that the lake is that big).
04-16-2010, 10:25 AM,
I am up for diving - location, as long as it is fairly close to the cities makes no difference to me. I have never been to Perch.
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-16-2010, 12:32 PM,
Perch is up the hill from Stillwater on the WI side. There is a parking lot next to the ramp on the other side of the road. Park there. I usually kit up at the van and walk down but others like to drop off and then park.

The south ramp has a few items of interest. It's a fun place to night dive as well. Vis can be very good but it's not likely to be more then 10 right now.

Did we have a time?

Terry, are you coming out? Joe, bottle hunting may be very good but please wait till the end and I'll bulldoze with you.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM,
OK, so perch at the boat ramp.  Lets say, 10?

Steve, if you think to bring along your extra BP&W, I'd like to give it a try if that's OK with you.
04-16-2010, 01:13 PM,
OK - 10AM at Perch lake, WI. Thanks to all who can bring some extra weight in case I need it... Pat