Remember me
Lost Password Register

Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
04-16-2010, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2010, 01:42 PM by mermaid.)
Re: Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
[color=navy]I was just enjoying your thread guys, have a GREAT dive on Saturday!!  I've been to Perch once, last May.  It got frosty pretty fast in my 7 mm.  Will be a good day for a ds dive!
04-16-2010, 05:01 PM,
Sounds good.  See you guys at Perch tomorrow, 10 am.
04-16-2010, 05:44 PM,

I'll have 20-25 pounds of extra weight with me.
04-16-2010, 05:55 PM,
mattd: I have it with. Be warned, you'll not want to go back.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-16-2010, 06:40 PM,

Hey Guys!
                                      I've been battling a case of SARS since Easter, but will try to make it out to Perch, did all my Masters class there, see you tomorrow!      T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
04-16-2010, 06:56 PM,
  I'd love to go, but the wife has been out of town all week, so it's me and the kids til Sun. night.  We've got taekwondo lessons for them tomorrow morning.  Have a good dive. Hopefully the vis is better than Phalen.
04-17-2010, 10:32 AM,
When you guys get back home, let us what the temp is at.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
04-17-2010, 11:02 AM,

I second that...plus let us know how many anchors you found ;D
04-17-2010, 03:27 PM,
The coldest I saw was 47-49.  It definitely was colder below 25 feet.  Part of the lake had real nice viz that might have been approaching 20 feet.

Joe and Steve pulled up a pretty good haul.  I think Joe found an overturned boat with a bunch of fishing gear and real nice buck knife.  Steve found an auger not 5 minutes into our dive.
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM,
heres the story as to what happened out there, and what all you forum divers missed Smile

we got into the water about 11amish and arcflash runs out to the boat dock last, but runs into the lake like he forgo something,... he gets 30 feet out and pulls out a hand auger within about 1 minute... nice auger, and kinda suspicious if you ask me Smile

the lake vis is the best ive seen since ice out, way better than twin cities lakes right now,,, there were times where i could see someone 30 feet away, but the real vis was about 10-15 depending on depth id say 20' in some places

nice clear lake, waith not too much silt on the bottom, just enough to hide interesting things  from the common diver, but i manages to pick up a working dive light and i kinda gave up the idea ok keeping the vis once i found a  1948 coke bottle.... so i was doing some spotty bulldozing between 30-45' and
i came up on a debris field from a fishing expedition... i didnt have a flag or an smb, so it was only what i could surface with at the time and more if i could find it again... i filled both arms, let all my air out at the bottom (i was at 30') and went up and got a loc in relation to the shore and hauled it to the nearest bank

took some video throught this and when i came back with better hauling gear, my innertube flag and a lift bag... lifted the batteries out like a rocket and when i decided the coast was clear from them raining back down on me, i did some more searching and found an anchor , a knife, measuring tape, head lamp (i alreadt took out the 3 fishing poles and full tackle box and net)

i hauled all this crap to the launch and took this picture

the only mishap was a punctured dryglove when rigging the anchor

anyway, i was gonna take the batteries to be properly disposed of, but they were leaking, and REEKING of H2SO4, and i didn't have a good way to transport them, so i left them by the boat launch sign, and drove down the road to turn around, and there were some lake residents out in their yard, so i told them i left the found batteries by the road, but i didnt have a way to transport them, and i also asked about the fishing boat debris all over near their property...

apparently the son of this resident's friend was out there last year for fishing opener, and got entangled in the gear in his canoe, and stood up to organize everything after setting out... but the guy dumped the canoe and fell in while tangled up, and got a severe case of hypothermia trying to get out of the lake... they had to call the ambulance to get him to a hospital

so i gave the guy all the stuff i found (minus the coke bottle) and he offered me free parking if i ever dive there again... i think thats about it, he went inside and called the guy to come get his stuff.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun