Remember me
Lost Password Register

Suggestions on cold water regs?
05-12-2006, 09:24 AM,
Re: Suggestions on cold water regs?
If your criteria is a cold water reg that comes in at a relatively lower price point then the Titan LX is a nice reg. I've used and serviced Titan first stages, and seen a lot of these in use over the years. Good performers; easy to service/adjust; nice for travelling; proven design. I'm not quite as familiar with the LX second stages, but I've been around a lot of these while in use and they seem to hold up well. Breathing characteristics seem to be good for a second without on-the-fly cracking pressure adjustment (which I prefer). If you like the Titan LX, go with the Supreme model so you can get the dry sealed first stage. If you can swing a higher price point the Legend is a fantastic reg. It's my preferred reg for single tank diving.

Apeks also has some mid-price range regs that might work for you. Something like the XTX 50 might suit your needs. I own a number of Apeks regs and have been more or less very pleased with all of these. Many of the different models are actually very similar.
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann W. von Goethe

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions on cold water regs? - by newbiediver - 05-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Re: Suggestions on cold water regs? - by beeger - 05-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Re: Suggestions on cold water regs? - by gp - 05-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Re: Suggestions on cold water regs? - by tpscuba - 05-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Re: Suggestions on cold water regs? - by tpscuba - 05-12-2006, 05:45 PM