Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Minnetonka Dive Spots coordinates?
09-19-2012, 11:09 AM,
Re: Lake Minnetonka Dive Spots coordinates?

Popo you are fun to mess with! This Sun. (the 23rd) Dangerous Dave and I are taking the Impulse out to Tonka, we'll launch out of Grays Bay, and "IF" you dont mind being blindfolded (until we get underwater), and, an even bigger "IF" you dont mind diving with Dangerous Dave, we'll show you some cool stuff. My depthfinder did declare a jihad against me and the Impulse and attempted to blow itself up but instead just melted down, due to too large of fusing I suspect, so that will make it a little trickier, but still doable. Gotta keep you blindfolded to whole time to not share the locations, but will be happy to share a cold beer with you afterwards, do let me know.    Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
09-19-2012, 12:38 PM,
I think the MHM group could increase their research output and use taxpayer's dollars more efficiently by leveraging volunteer divers to scout out some of the lake bottom anomalies they detected. These volunteer divers would go through basic training on how to document the sites. Their main purpose would be to dive a site, take pictures, and leave bubbles. Then, the MHM experts could focus their efforts on those sites which truly represent meaningful finds. Of course, certain groups like those infamous booty raiders known as the honey badgers wouldn't be allowed near these documented anomalies.
--Jason
09-19-2012, 01:39 PM,

HBDT don't care, HBDT takes what it wants  ;D (of course we are kidding  :-X) I have dove many wrecks and appreciate the pristine condition they are in and the work done to keep it that way.  8)
Booty raiders,  ??? ,I guess its a better claim to fame than being a COG  ??? :-X

Attached Files
.jpg   booty raiders.jpg (Size: 24.48 KB / Downloads: 29)
.jpg   booty raiders.jpg (Size: 24.48 KB / Downloads: 29)
09-19-2012, 02:01 PM,
A-men brother, first they would need to find a recreational diver they can trust. I haven't given them any indication that I am trustworthy, but then again... the caring ship has sailed. I had to chuckle about having volunteer divers go through a basic training. I'm picturing an archeological boot camp, with everyone wearing Indiana Jones hats and a long bull whip. Attached is a picture of a shirt that Nate and his wife picked up for me. I hate to say it, but if you look close at the guy in the middle, he looks strangely like me.

All seriousness, the logic confuses me about the method to their madness. By getting money from a grant (or several grants in this case) to do a job that is supposed to benefit the people that the grant money originally came from, and then not finish the job... That is a gross missappropriation of funds. The end result of the money spent is a piece of paper showing no conclusive information of what is actually on the bottom. The lake(s) need to be dove and dove hard to finish the job. I wish I could get paid the full amount for doing half the job.

Attached Files
.jpg   Scuba diving is not a crime shirt.jpg (Size: 49.85 KB / Downloads: 32)
.jpg   Scuba diving is not a crime shirt.jpg (Size: 49.85 KB / Downloads: 32)
09-19-2012, 04:07 PM,
                 I AGREE Jason, DAMN those Honey Badgers! (especially that Nate, seen here flashing his peace symbol, its really just a gang sign,,,) Not sure MHM wanted any of our, "expertise" after the last go round with them here. Curious during the only season in Mn, (thru the ice) when you can have a good look around, over a broad area, the G-men and the HBDTs guys, (no doubt, MHM still thinks, HBDTs means, "how bad do they suck"  :-*) have covered a lot of acreage, they weren't at all interested in even, getting together to discuss it. I just wish I could of finished the barn board wall covering effect in my entire basement with the scraps off,,,, whatever wreck that was, north of Big Island, before she was basically gone. John, I always thought that WAS you on the t-shirt, that was the only reason I wanted one. Sorry Popo for everyone else, hijacking your thread.     Trinity

Attached Files
.jpg   Terry and Frog named Nate.jpg (Size: 267.37 KB / Downloads: 31)
.jpg   Terry and Frog named Nate.jpg (Size: 267.37 KB / Downloads: 31)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
09-19-2012, 05:16 PM,
If you want numbers for some wrecks go to the public library and have them get "Salvaged Memories" by Jerry Provost. He lists numbers for most of the wrecks in the back plus a couple of extras. Hope it helps. Big Grin
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
09-19-2012, 06:44 PM,

Popo you are fun to mess with! This Sun. (the 23rd) Dangerous Dave and I are taking the Impulse out to Tonka, we'll launch out of Grays Bay, and "IF" you dont mind being blindfolded (until we get underwater), and, an even bigger "IF" you dont mind diving with Dangerous Dave, we'll show you some cool stuff. My depthfinder did declare a jihad against me and the Impulse and attempted to blow itself up but instead just melted down, due to too large of fusing I suspect, so that will make it a little trickier, but still doable. Gotta keep you blindfolded to whole time to not share the locations, but will be happy to share a cold beer with you afterwards, do let me know.    Trinity
[/quote]

Would it be possible for me to join you?  ;D
09-20-2012, 08:04 AM,
Blind fold it is!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
09-20-2012, 09:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2012, 09:58 AM by DetectorGuy.)

COG??? ??? Not exactly sure what COG stands for. Crazy Old Gilligan? Chillin' Or Grillin'? Crabby Old Goat?
09-20-2012, 12:03 PM,

COG??? ??? Not exactly sure what COG stands for. Crazy Old Gilligan? Chillin' Or Grillin'? Crabby Old Goat?
[/quote]

The first word rhymes with "weepy"  :-X