Remember me
Lost Password Register

fresh to salt weight conversion
05-13-2010, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2010, 09:00 AM by arcFlash.)
Re: fresh to salt weight conversion
The next post is off topic.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-13-2010, 01:09 PM,
[/quote]

Steve, only you would know that they weren't both males... ;D  :-\
05-13-2010, 04:40 PM,

Not sure what you mean arcFlash...
05-15-2010, 07:17 AM,

That's it. My head exploded. What a mess to clean up.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
05-15-2010, 10:14 AM,

Well Shark', since your head exploded, and Terry is a "meat head", I guess that means you're both a mess Tongue  ;D
05-15-2010, 03:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2010, 06:19 PM by scubafreek864.)
I am getting the impression that some "fish-like" character on this site just likes to pump up the amount of posts they are making, even though it has nothing to do with the TOPIC!   ;D :Smile

Back to the topic:  I don't try to figure it out on paper before a dive.  It just seems that I can never get the calculation correct on paper.  I opt for the "easier on the brain method":  do a weight test in the water before the dive.  I can always take some weight off and throw it in the float, or take some from the float to add.
05-15-2010, 09:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2010, 08:50 PM by mermaid.)

IMHO, with as technical as some of the topics get on this site, I would think posting humor would help liven/lighten things up a bit.  (besides, with me still being a guppy, posting humor is the only way I CAN post ;D...)

Now, to be ON topic, I agree with your method Robert...doing a weight test in the water BEFORE the dive.  You can always add or remove weight as you need to. 
05-16-2010, 05:03 PM,
All meat was for levity, Terry is clearly smarter then I. I just did this for the mental exercise. I don't know if it's correct but it matches observations so I assume it's reasonable.

What I'd like to see is a critical radius of nitrogen plot to tissue saturation and that sort of detail. I see it in my planner and don't know if it's linear. I guess I have to pay for that book about diving medicine If I want to know what's going on.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-16-2010, 05:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2010, 08:49 PM by mermaid.)
That's okay Steve.  Everyone knows that Terry is NOT a meat head, and he is, in fact, clearly smarter than A LOT of people.

As I'm sure almost everyone knows, my earlier post was meant to lighten up a very technical topic.  Your extremely detailed calculations, which are DEFINITELY OVER MY HEAD  Tongue, just show what kind mental exercises that you are willing subject yourself too.  ;D  :-\    YIKES!
05-17-2010, 07:20 PM,

OK you two, if you continue to blow this much smoke up my ass, I wont ever know how much weight I'm going to need. Sun actually works good as my little sis poached my truck to haul here renassianse stuff out to Sconnie, so the Impulse will have to just sit in the garage.     TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)