Remember me
Lost Password Register

Rebreather "Round Up"
09-28-2004, 02:58 PM,
Re:Rebreather "Round Up"
Did we set a final date for this I need to plan it.
CJ
09-29-2004, 03:44 PM,

IN STONE!
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-29-2004, 03:45 PM,

BTW - How was Copper Harbour???
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-29-2004, 08:43 PM,
Chuck,

Was that unit attached to the ear lobe or the fingertip? 98% sounds pretty high for a blackout. Different units give different readings.

Competitve freedivers do hypoxic and hypercapnia exercises to imporve performance. Many spearfisherman will do hypoxic work, but stay far away from the hypercapnia workouts because they never want to loose that early warning sign that high C02 gives you. Since many of these divers go solo they are looking to make things as safe as they can- but still suffer from a much higher casualty rate than competitve freedivers- who always dive in pairs.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
09-30-2004, 10:33 AM,

Jon,

You are absolutely right, I was off on some of my numbers :Smile

I was shooting for the hip when I wrote the origional post, after checking my notes I realized I made a few errors Tongue

I will post a more detailed response in another thread so that this one can get back to the "round up" Wink

CN3
Don't believe the hype!
10-28-2004, 08:26 AM,
For those planning to attend the Nov. 20th - 21st Round-up, do you plan to camp or stay at the Moose? Earlier I posted that I'd rather camp, but the whirlpool at the motel beckons...

Whatda think???
10-29-2004, 07:27 AM,
Depending on weather, I would prefer to camp, but I would be open to the Orange Moose if that is what the group prefers.
11-01-2004, 08:18 AM,
Yeah, me too. I had planned on camping but I'd be easily swayed to the moose if there's snow on the ground. Smile
11-01-2004, 01:35 PM,
If anyone is still interested in camping I can bring the "pop up" it has two extra beds. Of course we could fit six of us in there if we wanted to snuggle (for warmth of course) Wink

I do have to admit that the thought of sitting in the hot tub drinking a SPARK does sound inviting! ;D
Don't believe the hype!
11-02-2004, 10:43 AM,
Would anyone be up for meeting Friday night, perhaps do a night dive? Or I can bring my guitar for a sing-along!

If not, when do you plan on arriving Sat.?