Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee report
07-29-2005, 07:29 AM,
Re: Wazee report
It wasn't as of Saturday July 23rd. But there was a large "Thing" down there now... So there is a gargoyle, a troll, an angel, a bowling ball, and a Thing... But no gazing ball...

07-29-2005, 07:32 AM,
A 'Thing', hmmm... like the Fantastic 4, or Aadams Family, or... shoot, now I gotta go diving and find out!

Speaking of Wazee, anyone going there this weekend???
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
07-29-2005, 07:45 AM,
Now all we need is a couple Pink Flamingos down there and it will look like my grandmas garden back in the day.... I wish I was going this weekend, but my dive buddy has to work...    Sad
06-20-2006, 10:09 AM,
There will be a memorial service for the gazing ball July 3rd, 2006 @ 1:00 PM.    :'(

Service will take place at the gravesite.
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
07-20-2006, 08:51 AM,
They sunk the boat in Wazee yesterday.  Here is the link to the thread over at wiscuba.com.
07-24-2006, 04:08 AM,
Hey everybody!
We checked out the boat at Wazee!  It is at the vertical buoy just out from the training platform at about 30ft.  It has been made very diver friendly with no "sharp objects" to snag suits or entangle hoses.  The cabin window has been enlarged to allow swim through!  She must have been a pretty ship in her day, now she's our wreck to explore!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
07-25-2006, 09:12 AM,
I placed a new Gazing Ball down, I realy think you will like the new one.  Talk about being big! :o  I don't think anyone will be breaking this one.  Stainless Steel.  8)
Go Big, or go home!
07-31-2006, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2006, 12:41 PM by Roger Southwick.)
Re: Wazee - gazing ball pics

Nice!  Here are a couple pics from this past weekend.  (My buddy was getting a bit loopy so we didn't have much time for photos....)

For a size comparison, look at the bowling ball just above the flag:

07-31-2006, 12:40 PM,
Re: Wazee - boat pics

Here are some photos of the boat from last weekend.  It's bigger than I thought it would be.

Even Paul could fit through the cutout in the front window.  (He's an offensive-lineman for St Olaf, so he's a bit large.  Smile )

08-01-2006, 06:20 AM,

The gazing ball looks great!  Now what do I do with the one I have  :-\?  It's no where as big... and it's purple... or green... cannot remember...

The boat also looks great.

Thanks for the photos.