Remember me
Lost Password Register

Utila Honduras, dive with the whalesharks!
04-29-2004, 02:17 PM,
Re:Utila Honduras, dive with the whalesharks!
Hey - thanks. I would like to know of some good eatin' places on west end. What do you usually wear in terms of neoprene down there? I've read it can be up to mid 80's in water temp. Have you ever had a hard doing boat dives due to wind/bad weather?
04-29-2004, 03:47 PM,
Re:Utila Honduras, dive with the whalesharks!
As far as the weather, I have only not been able to boat dive 2 days out of 5 weeks that i have been there. And one of those days we went shore diving. It was good b/c we were still under the water. As far as neoprene, i may not be the right one to ask because I dont even wear a wetsuit. I think the water is very warm but by everyone else's standards a 3 mil is good unless you are very prone to get cold then whatever it takes to make you comfortable. The people who have been there a while always whine about the water being cold but the newbies always think it is plenty warm. and for food, I am an expert...or so i think. On west end the best lunch place is called chiles and you have to try the lobster burrito, for supper the argentine grill has very good steak and seafood and I hear they have good wine but i don't like the stuff in general Eagle rays is a good dinner place and they have excellent jalapeno snapper. And the best place for seafood is in French harbor and called Gio's. If you like seafood get the eldens special and i guarantee you will not be dissapointed. Most of these places have very good meals for $8-$15 and any taxi driver can take you to them. If you need any other info I will be happy to give it. I think Roatan is one of the best places in the world.