Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee - Sept 27th and 28th.
09-26-2003, 02:21 PM,
Re:Wazee - Sept 27th and 28th.
That really bites. I wanted to see the gazing ball and gargoyle and some of the other interesting things. You know they will preserve the trees by removing everything because all those people that go there to see something different have no reason to go there now.
C'est la vie.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
09-26-2003, 06:32 PM,
You gotta be Fing kidding me?! Someone took the ball out?
I understand the garishness of child toys and such but the gazing ball was both pretty AND unobtrusive.
Harumph Harumph Harumph
T
:'( >Sad
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
09-26-2003, 09:16 PM,
I agree, that's a bummer. I'm glad I at least got to see the ball and statues a couple times anyway. >Sad
09-29-2003, 09:10 AM,
Chad (Chadwick) and I went and did a dive on Saturday at Wazee. (Not Sherwood and not the wall access). Water temp was about 62 degrees but the air and wind was FREEZING!!!! Viz was not too bad...About 20-25 feet. (Yes , stayed above the thermocline). Sunday we went and dove the Wall. Viz was a little better there. I could still see the surface 25 feet down. The thermocline is retreating (seems like it). We hit it at 38-39 feet on both dives.
We got to watch a freediver in action!!! He was so smoothe in the water. We just sat at 25 feet and watched the show. I think I even applauded when he went back up to the surface. Super nice guy too. Makes you kind of want to give up the SCUBA...NOT!!! Wink

All in all , good diving but nasty cold weather. BRRR!!!

And of course , thanks to Chad for diving both days. He got to place a rock on the Rock Pile by the wall so that makes him "officially" Wazee'd. 8)

Jean Smile

P.S. We had a discussion with a couple of divers on Sunday about the gazing ball being removed. The sentiment was pretty much the same as you have been discussing!!! I.E. Why did it have to go???
But hey , someone put a float with "Barney" on the end of it at the bottom of the wall. I guess it was time to start restocking things. We left Barney there to continue his off-gassing. :Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
09-29-2003, 09:22 AM,

I hope that rock didn't come from outside the lake. We can't be putting foreign matter in the lake. :Smile

Quote:But hey , someone put a float with \"Barney\" on the end of it at the bottom of the wall. I guess it was time to start restocking things. We left Barney there to continue his off-gassing. :Smile
and the cycle continues... Tongue
09-29-2003, 10:00 AM,
LOL. No sir-ee, I wouldn't be bringing in no foreign matter. Oh wait, I'm a Minnesotan, that makes me foreign matter, right?
All in all, it was a blast. Thanks to Jean for putting up with me. Wink Lets do it again. hehe. That dry suit is looking better and better. I got chilly for the first time on that last dive. Even with a hood and gloves.
Ted (at least I think that was his name or Todd, I was too far away when he said it) was indeed a nice chap. I have to say it was quite impressive to watch him hold his breath that long and look soo relaxed.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
09-29-2003, 05:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2003, 05:15 PM by Punky.)
Was at Wazee for the clean-up dive weekend and saw Barney
there then. I applaud the parent who put the hit out on that
over stuffed purple dino. ;D Punky