Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Nov 1st or 2nd
10-30-2003, 11:46 AM,
Re:Crosby Nov 1st or 2nd
Missy and I are still going to Crosby. I've got a pop up hunting blind that works great as a windbreak. Not the outhouse one, this is bigger.I have to work friday eve so won't be at the site until 11-12. We'll either dive Louise or Menohmen2. Probably Louise. C'mon this weather isn't that bad! Smile Bring out the fleece! The worst that can happen is a runny nose and thats gonna happen after the dive anyway! Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
10-30-2003, 02:26 PM,
Hey guys,

I know some divers that are looking to dive this weekend. If you wouldn't mind if they meet up with you guys that would be great. Would you mind?? and if not could you post where you are meeting and when? Have fun.

Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
10-30-2003, 03:20 PM,
Wazee/Crosby Nov. 1st
Sorry, I sort of hijacked this thread and we have two separate dive get togethers going on here so this is the deal. Jason B., JoelW and I are heading to Wazee Saturday morning. Planning to meet at Wazee Sports Center between 9:30am - 10:00am. Anyone is welcome to join us. Not sure which access or profiles we'll be diving. We'll decide when we get there I guess.
Linda and Missy are diving Crosby on Saturday. I'll let Linda post where they will be meeting in case anyone wants to join them. Wink
10-30-2003, 04:55 PM,
I plan to go to Crosby. Linda said she's arriving 11 or 12. I plan to be at Louise by 10:30 latest (or any other site Linda or others choose).
DanL
Dan L
10-31-2003, 10:51 AM,
:'( This is bad news. I can't go to Crosby on saturday! Family obligations. Missy and I are going to Square instead. Sorry guys for the last minute backout. Dan, anyone else, please join us there! About 10 at the big hill site. Smile Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
10-31-2003, 06:56 PM,
I'm still considering Crosby tomorrow.. brrrrr. I may end up diving closer to home though. Guess it looks like if I show up, I show up. Could I be more vague? :-\ Have to see what the morning brings. happy diving to all that go this weekend though.. no matter where you go.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
10-31-2003, 07:23 PM,
Guess I'm not driving to Crosby. Square? Maybe.
Dan L
11-01-2003, 08:48 PM,
Wazee
Had a couple nice dives out at Wazee today. Beautiful day for diving and we had the whole lake to ourselves. No wind and the air temp wasn't bad at all.
Joel, if you get any decent video edits from todays dives I'd love to see them. Let me know. If you can email me a short clip at sometime that would be great or if I could get a little video burned to a CD at somepoint that would be even cooler! Wink
11-01-2003, 11:54 PM,
Lake Six by Vergas
I changed into my wetsuit in Fargo at my stepdaughters' place, about 50 minutes from the lake I was headed to.. hoping that by the time I got to the lake the outside temp gauge of the Explorer would be reading more than 28 deg. It was disheartening to see the shallow ponds on the way already frozen over. >Sad
When I arrived at the lake at least it had warmed up.. now it was, 29 Smile. Even with only the socks, gloves, wrist computer, and mask left to get on when I got there I couldn't get into the water fast enough. A little bit of hot water in the hood to fill the ears and into the water I went. A pleasureable 45 deg. today. Usually during the summer when I'm freediving I warm up at the surface.. today, with it being less than 30 deg above the water, it was better to be under.
Vis was good... I could see the flag line handle on the bottom at 27' from the surface . Had the sun been shining I think it would have been fantastic.
Tried out some new fins... OMER millenium competitions.. way to stiff (maybe they were frozen), and 3 finger gloves by Deep See.. they let in more water than I liked but my hands stayed warm. I wanted to try out a Pro Ear 2000 mask (hoping it helps out my wife) but realized that I couldn't get it under the hood of my 5mil suit and there was no way I was going to go hoodless today. One for the pool I guess.
Later, Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
11-02-2003, 11:30 AM,
Lonnie,

I made up a 1 minute video from Wazee. I sent it to Jason's site so maybe he can give the location for streaming. I can e-mail it to you tomorrow. It is a bit under 2 meg at 256 kps. Send me your e-mail address. If you want a higher quality version I can render it differently and get you a CD.

Joel