Remember me
Lost Password Register

I got gear!
01-21-2004, 10:21 AM,
I got gear!
Ok, to most of you this is old hat. I just bought my first set of gear and I am pretty darn excited!
I bought a Zeagle DS-V reg set with Pressure and depth gauges and compass. I also bought a backplate and wings (VentureWing). A dive knife and a reall logbook binder. Woo, woo!
Now I just need to pick up a dive computer (most likely the Nitek) a dive light, a UW camera and I am set. Oh, and maybe a drysuit or wetsuit. Ugh! Then I better get a truck to haul everything around. LOL.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
01-21-2004, 10:23 AM,
Re:I got gear!

Don't need a truck. Just a good trunk and some buckets!!! Buying the gear is the easy part...Now comes the experience of using it. You don't want to pour all that money down the drain , do you?
So we will make sure you get your money's worth out of that brand new shiny gear. Wink

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-21-2004, 06:09 PM,
Re:I got gear!
You can hold off on the camera unless you are going to exotic places. There are not many places that are worth filming around these parts. If I was you look for a smaller light. It will work as a primary for awhile. Then when you get some extra cash you can pick up a diffrent light as your primary "end of year sales" or when someone is letting one go cheap. You really need two lights anyway.