Remember me
Lost Password Register

Aircraft Carrier to become Artificial Reef
07-18-2006, 08:26 AM,
Re: Aircraft Carrier to become Artificial Reef
DIVE OPS

The following specifics for dive operations for trips to the USS Oriskany have been established, and we are now taking bookings!  Please remember, we do not own the boats, and all charter fees and policies are set by the captains.

-  Price per person for a 2 tank/ 2 dive trip to the USS Oriskany is $145, payable at time of booking.  There is a 48 hour cancellation policy – no refunds will be given for diver cancellation within 48 hours of the trip.  Fees for trips cancelled by the captain will be refunded.

-  Tanks and weights are not provided, but can be rented at MBT Divers.

-  All divers wishing to dive the USS Oriskany must have a minimum of 20 logged dives.

-  Openwater Divers that do not possess an advanced certification or a deep diver specialty certification:

-  Must have completed a total of 20 logged dives

-  Will be required to dive with a guide.

-  Must have completed 2 logged dives within the last year or complete a refresher dive.

-  Advanced Divers or those with deep diver specialty certifications:

-  Must have completed 2 logged dives at or below 80’ in the last year to dive without a guide.

-  Must have completed 2 logged dives within the last year to dive with a guide.

- Divers must have the following equipment:

Alternate air source - octo or redundant air system
safety sausage or similar marker device
whistle
gloves
-  Groups wishing to privately book an entire boat will be required to provide a 50% nonrefundable deposit at time of booking.  (Deposits will be refunded in case of trip cancellation by the captain).

-  On regular recreational trips, Tech certified divers are permitted to conduct one longer deco dive instead of 2 non-deco dives.

Any of the information provided above is subject to change at any time.

They are booked solid on weekends thru Oct. Sounds like a great winter getaway ;D
09-14-2006, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2006, 02:42 PM by LKunze.)
Oriskany trip pics

Anybody ready to go yet?  ???  ??? Anybody even interested in talking about going?  ???  ???

I was going to wait until there was more fish on it but I can always go back. We have a local contact/ dive charter now. Ralph from rlt divers has a boat that he will be chartering trips on. He also assured me of hotspots close by so we will be eating alot of fresh seafood  8)  8)  8)  8). I am starting to get tired of all the lobster and grouper I have been eating lately  :Smile I will have to take a break before the trip.  :Smile  ;D

The price is about the same as the rlt trips,7-800 stay on the boat etc. etc.
09-14-2006, 08:42 AM,
Too bad about your diet!
but if you're looking for sympathy, you'll have to grab a dictionary and look somewhere between shit and syphilis!

We could hook up one of these days and I'll trade you some chinook salmon!

I think I'm going to join my sister on a jaunt to Ft Lauderdale sometime in January.  Not sure of the dates at the moment.  I ought to be able to work in an "O" trip sometime in there...
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
09-17-2006, 10:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2006, 02:42 PM by LKunze.)
Let's dive Oriskany
Jan. works good for me, lets nail down some dates ;D
09-17-2006, 07:13 PM,
I have beenthinking of going in Feb.  Thats when my slow time is at work, but Slow at work means small pay check, so I can't commit until later in the winter.
09-17-2006, 11:05 PM,
We floated the idea around the shop to book a live aboard for 4 days in February. We have a date in pencil, the liveaboard carries 6 divers. I will do a little more legwork on it this week.
Lee
09-18-2006, 07:13 AM,
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!
  We have potentially 3, if we can nail some dates down I will check into reservations. 

I can dive anywhere on any dates after hunting season! 8)
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM,
We have the RLT reserved for a 4 day trip (live aboard), Feb 9, 10, 11, and 12th out of Pensacola. Should get pricing this week yet. I believe we have room for a total of 7 divers with 5 remaning so far.
Lee
;D ;D ;D
09-18-2006, 03:53 PM,

If I am not in rotaan, I couldn't think of a better place to spend my birthday!   ;D

Wouldn't 7 be a little crowded? :-\
09-18-2006, 09:17 PM,
6 divers and 1 'crew' is what he told me he had room for.  Might be tight if anyone is diving doubles...
Lee