Remember me
Lost Password Register

Clean up dive
05-07-2004, 02:12 PM,
Clean up dive
I thought it would be cool to organize a cleanup dive to raise money for the human society. Have never done anything like this before. How do we go about setting it up and getting donations. It would be a great way to help a good cause and get to dive also. Suggestions from the board?

8)
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
05-07-2004, 07:50 PM,
Re:Clean up dive
I don't know of any that are set up as a fund raiser. First of all you would need to charge someone, probably the divers who would be comming to do the lake community a favor. It could be set up on a pledge type deal with the divers getting pledged for but I would think you would have a hard time getting a good turn out.
I notice at almost all of these lake cleanups the hosts seem to take care of lunch, tee shirts, and often times even prizes. I think alot of people would not show without some kind of incentive. Perhaps I am wrong but I don't believe this would be a profit generating type of a deal.
05-10-2004, 09:21 AM,
I was just looking for a way to integrate my favorite hobby diving with a way to raise money for a great cause. Maybe if we did something more on the lines of a walk but with diving where we use teams of divers to do one long continous dive or something like that.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
05-10-2004, 09:41 PM,
You could pledge businesses to pay X amount of money for X pounds of trash removed. If the humane society is the intended benifactor, have them post fliers. Businesses would be the best idea for pledges. If I were at home and somebody came to the door "we're trying to scuba dive to raise money for stuff", I would think it's for that persons dry suit fund. Good luck and keep us posted.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson