Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Fahrenheit 9/11-will you go see it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no i will not see this movie
72.73%
16 72.73%
yes i will see this movie.
27.27%
6 27.27%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

fahrenheit 9/11
06-28-2004, 07:05 AM,
Re:fahrenheit 9/11

I'd love the chance to refuse the cool-aid, but it looks like it has already been consumed :o
06-28-2004, 09:58 AM,
Liberals must be a pretty dehydrated bunch seeing as we always finish off the kool-aid and they're always spilling their milk. :o Wink
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
06-28-2004, 10:08 AM,
Wow! Is it hot in here or what...... Next time i will post something less politically charged. Honestly i didn't think it would be such a big deal.
&quot;Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose.&quot;-Benjamin Disraeli
06-28-2004, 11:00 AM,

Maybe you should have asked about a different movie then, like what about the homo-erotic overtones in The Lord of the Rings... :Smile Nah, let's just go diving!
06-28-2004, 11:06 AM,

Maybe you should have asked about a different movie then, like what about the homo-erotic overtones in The Lord of the Rings... :Smile Nah, let's just go diving!
[/quote]

Eyups...Lets just go diving and leave the movies to ....
Heck , I'd rather dive than watch a movie anyway !!! Big Grin

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-28-2004, 11:25 AM,
It's a good barometer of where the whole country is right now- spilt about 50/50. Due to the deomgraphics of the members of this board we will see more of one side than the other, but the fact still remains that the country is pretty evenly divided.

My original post of ticket sales turned out to be way too low. The big news on all the channels this morning was how it topped the box office, at 21.6 million bucks, while being shown in less than 900 theaters.

Last night Ebert and Roper said that it is a film that everyone should see- whether you believe in Moore or you hate him. They also mention that there is another movie comming out just slamming on Moore, but not supporting Bush. I imagine that would go over much better around these parts. Wink They were both very interested in seeing that movie as well.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled flames. 8)

Jon
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin
06-28-2004, 12:46 PM,
I am one of those rare white, middle aged, middle class, tec-ies who is proud to be a liberal.
Smile I didn’t vote for Bush, I won’t vote for Bush and I will probably have a good time at the movie. It is amazing how people can get so upset about a couple hour movie when Rush Limbaugh has been spouting his “truth” over a decade! (never mind his hypocritical views on his drug addiction, failed 3 marriages etc…)

Or does Rush only give the facts and Moore only gives lies???

What is it with Kool-Aid anyway - did I miss something?

Where can I get some fire-retardant for my dry suit...
06-28-2004, 01:01 PM,
The difference with Rush is, he tells you that he is an entertainer. He tells you he is giving you his opinion. He doesn't claim to be giving you "Just the facts"

Moore on the other hand calls this a documentary, which by definition should be a factual representation.
06-28-2004, 01:03 PM,
And what would you call FAUX News? Wink

Jon
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin
06-28-2004, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2004, 01:22 PM by Al.)
And "Fargo" was a true story... (it said so in the begining.)
:Smile