Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Fahrenheit 9/11-will you go see it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no i will not see this movie
72.73%
16 72.73%
yes i will see this movie.
27.27%
6 27.27%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

fahrenheit 9/11
06-28-2004, 01:30 PM,
Re:fahrenheit 9/11

The Kool-Aid refers to some religious sect that committed mass-suicide by drinking "Kool-Aid"; this in turn became a saying to denominate people who had turned DIR: they had drank from the "evil Kool-Aid".
06-28-2004, 01:49 PM,
Fair and Balanced Tongue
06-28-2004, 03:33 PM,
My big concerns with Moore is that He has been a meathead basher since the beginning.. I could care less if he is a Liberal, and i really dont care if any of you are Liberals. I dont claim a political party, but if i had to it would be Republican. It just seems to make more sense to me and the position my family and I are in. I do not condone his use of his power to attempt to sway the people into believing what he believes. I believe that much of what he is saying is untruth, and he is twisting facts as much as possible and using it as a political weapon. The fact is, I dont respect him...I really dont respect anyone that has more time on their hands to bash our governmental leaders than they have to give support to our troops. No one should be happy that we are at war..( and we are still at war)..but the fact is, we are there, we cannot leave yet ( as much as i would like this to happen) because if we do....DRE... it will be 20th century Europe all over again. It has been "20th Century Europe" for people under Saddams rule for some time now....Do you all really feel that we are doing bad by being there? Maybe the presidential office lied..who knows.....we never will......but if we dont finish out job over there, then the Worlds Terrorist will think that they have the world on the run and will try to pull the same S*H*I*T that Hitler pulled....

How about if we all just focus on supporting our troups, the people that we are helping to liberate, and finishing our job...
Oops Did I really say that?????
06-28-2004, 03:51 PM,
I don't have a problem with the fact that we are at war in Iraq - what I do have a problem with is that you, Captain Dean, suggested to revoke the same kinda freedom Saddam took away from his people. Just think about what that makes you...

06-28-2004, 04:28 PM,
Sometimes i wish i had a pizza, sometimes i wish i had a nicer truck, sometimes i wish i was young again...and yes sometimes i wish that people that bash the country that they live in,,whether it be the soil that they are standing, the military that protects them or the president that leads them should be deemed traitors. I did not say that I felt that he didnt have the right to say what he was saying. What i was attempting to say was that I thought that people that were not true Americans( and by true Americans I mean people that no matter what feel that our country is a wonderful place to live, protect and RESPECT) Should have their AMERICAN rights revoked and sent on their way.

I dont believe that persons that take someones life should have rights, I dont think that any person that intentionally takes advantage of, harms,(mentally or physically)or takes the life of a child should be allowed life.

I guess this makes me the small town raised, proud to be American person that I am.

Until you know me........dont accuse me.. Especially of being Hitler or Saddam like.
Oops Did I really say that?????
06-28-2004, 04:44 PM,
Sea hunt is a good show. I like deep sea discoveries also. Neither one of them piss divers off.

Happy diving!
06-28-2004, 06:10 PM,

Hey , don't pick on Fargo now !!!
Dat's my old home town , don't ya know... Wink

What I love here is that we can all agree to disagree politically etc...That's what is nice about freedom of expression and speech ....
and open dive forums like this one !!!! Smile

Nice to see divers with such a diverse political view.

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-28-2004, 07:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2004, 07:28 PM by scubadog76.)

Now back up a few steps, before the war. We were attacked. Thousands died. Families are still putting pieces together and probably will be forever. Then along comes this schmuck Moore, who cheapens, sensationalizes and detracts from all the lives lost just so he can fight his own political battle. There very well could have been a big screw up by our government, Hindsight is wonderful. Theres people who don't believe the holocaust ever happened either but I'm sure there is a excelent bit of evidence showing Auschwitz was actually the first Euro-disney. From the outside looking in, I'm fuming, not at the fact that he made the movie, but the fact that it's speculation at this point (at best) and it's ripping open freshly healing scars. I couldn't imagine living that first hand. Thats worth your $8.50, huh. You can argue "he's getting the info out that are government is trying to cover up". That may be true. I saw that big red phone on his desk with the note next to it saying "for insider use only". He still has no problem sleeping and definately no problem eating for profiting from the greatest exspense an Innocent life can pay. Enjoy the show.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
06-28-2004, 07:40 PM,
I will not be seeing the movie because he has the right to make the movie and I have the right to waste my money on another Harry Potter movie.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
06-28-2004, 10:18 PM,
I have a cousin named Michael More. I saw him at the wedding this weekend. He is really catching hell these days since he is a strong republican. Wink

Moore has an interesting segment where he is making the commentary that members of congress don't have family members serving in Iraq. Therefore it is easy for them to send other people off to fight. He actually interviewed a couple members with family members in Iraq but somehow they didn't make it past the editing room floor.

When you consider the following:
1) The relatively small number of members of congress
2) Segment this group into the number of members with children ages 18-28
3) Segment this group further into members with children that joined the military
4) Finally, segment this group even further into members with children that joined the military and are part of a military group that could be deployed to Iraq

Result = only a couple. Moore's arguments often fail these kinds of logic tests.

--Jason