Remember me
Lost Password Register

Re: Anyone interested in diving Fish Lake (LeSueur
02-13-2003, 09:22 AM,
LOL...did you jump in the tub too? ;D
02-13-2003, 09:57 AM,
Hey remember , pool session this Saturday (15th) if you need to scratch the itch.
Tol , I would join you if I didn't have to work. Sounds like a wonderful vigil.
I wonder which body of water will open up first to us this year?
I wonder how far people will drive to get to the first open water this year?
I wonder how many divers we can pack into a dive site for the first open water this year?
(You get the idea...)

Thanks...Jean Wink
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
02-13-2003, 10:27 AM,

I was tempted! Almost had to take a step outside to cool off...
02-13-2003, 11:10 AM,
Not a bad idea Jean. We had a good sized group get together at Square Lake last year in May. It was kinda fun. Maybe we should set something like that up again this spring.
02-13-2003, 03:03 PM,
I'm picturing Tol standing on the beach at Square Lake with a pair of binoculars.... haha
--Jason
02-13-2003, 03:32 PM,
Sounds good on the get-together. Once Tol lets us know when ice-out is, we can set the date.
Since I will probably still be land-locked at that point from medical stuff,
I can take over the watch so Tol can go diving. We could just phase this post (Ice Watcher) into the
post of Viz Measurer. You could spend year round at the lake shore just taking observations.

Seriously , when the time comes , we should post something for the first ice-out weekend.

Thanks...Jean ;D
02-13-2003, 06:54 PM,
45 days until April
Chris:
I have an image of you doing a giant stride off of the front porch into a snowbank. Smiling the whole way down.

I confess that I fell off of the wagon earlier this month while in Key Largo. I know that any good Minnesotan would wait for spring to dive.....but you know how it is. All of those dive flags waving from the rooftops... I snapped.

Now I'm curled up in the corner of my living room shaking like a leaf. Hallucinating about water over 40 degrees, air over 20, and the drysuit I must deserve for coming home.

Jean:
I'm guessing that the water next to my lawn chair will open up the soonest. I only say this because I own a forced air propane heater. On another note, I'd be glad to splash you frequently as a thank you for taking over the watch while I'm testing the ice. Thank you for the invite to the pool session: I must work that day and am spoiled by having access to the pool at work.

Jason:
Binoculars are a wonderful idea. If I position myself carefully, I may be able to watch a lake and the decorative pond in an adjacent industrial complex.

I think that would be a lot of fun to rally the troops for a lemming-like run into a local lake when the ice clears! I'll supply as much hot chocolate as will fit into the jug I have. In fact, with a little notice I will brew up a batch of chili and bring a camp stove to heat it.

Thank you all for being so welcoming to a new diver who is new to this board. Big Grin
Wink Tol
02-14-2003, 01:56 PM,
Your mostest welcome!!!
And don't you think that any of us would *NOT* have snapped with all those dive flags around us in the keys???
I know I did not...(December 2002). I got the shakes and started salivating just driving thru Key Largo on the way to Key West. It was just awful !!! My friends had to tie me down and throw a XL dive hood over my head just to keep me semi-quiet !

So , don't blame yourself for not being a good Minnesotan. I think most everyone here has "AHEM" fallen off of the wagon.

Thanks again...And Welcome !!!!
Jean ;D

P.S. You have access to a pool at work?
Do you have any job openings? (Just Kidding!)
02-15-2003, 06:53 AM,
Chili sounds great. I will bring my grill for Ice out at square lake
and do another diving picnic.
Leon
02-18-2003, 04:50 PM,
Anyone sensitive to spice should warn me. My chili has been known to ionize the air around it. I can only imagine what it would do to neoprene. :o
T