Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba Movies
09-20-2005, 07:56 PM,
Re: Scuba Movies
Split fins? Sounds like trouble to me. Most of the boxes are unpacked, so Into the Blue sounds like a go. Call me, and let me know when you decide on a time.

Mr. O

(What the hell is going on down there in Fla now, we might have to go back down in the Spring to dive the Spiegel Grove, now that it's upright).
09-21-2005, 09:53 AM,
Upright Spiegel Grove?
Let's not count our chickens. The latest intelligence I heard around the water cooler is that with the latest Hurricane and the currents in general that it might not be long before she tilts back the other way. I noticed that Scuba Diving magazine had a big article on the Spiegel and as soon as I saw it I started thinking...yeah, talk it up but how stupid would you be if Rita flipped her back over!

The way I look at it we should all be keeping our fingers crossed!

09-21-2005, 02:55 PM,
Will let you know on the Spiegel...
I will keep watch on Scubaboard.com in the Florida Conchs section...There are some people diving the Spiegel this weekend so they will let us know if Rita flipped it around etc ... 

Now as for me , I am springing it again this weekend...There is a NACD instructor
filming some video of us Newbie cavers at Ginnie/Peacock this weekend and ...
well , er , uh ...    :-[
I couldn't resist the chance to show the world how NOT to be trimmed etc for caverning and caving ...  :o

Jeano Beano
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
09-28-2005, 03:37 PM,
OK, here's the deal  :Smile

I called the Arbor Lakes AMC and they have 2 showings for "Into the Blue" Friday night.  The first is 7:20 the second 10:05.  Since I close the shop at 7:00 I will be going to the 10:05 show  Wink

I thought we could meet somewhere nearby (Granite City, Boston's, Don Pablo's...) for some refreshments ahead of time  Smile

So if we could get a final sort of head count that would be helpful.  Whose in?
Don't believe the hype!
09-30-2005, 03:36 PM,
ready to get my popcorn on  ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
10-06-2005, 09:54 AM,
I can't speak for the rest of you who saw "Into the Blue" with us Friday, but personally I think it is going to sweep the Oscars  :Smile
Don't believe the hype!
10-06-2005, 10:09 AM,
well somone has to clean up after they hand out the awards  >Big Grin
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
10-06-2005, 10:19 AM,
I saw "The Cave" and thought it was pretty decent but I decided to read the reviews first for "Into The Blue" and decided to pass on seeing that one.  Sounds like it's REALLY BAD!   Tongue
10-07-2005, 10:18 AM,
If the movie doesn't win at the Oscars then maybe Alba's backside or Ashley Scott's front side, which they should have shown, I mean come on Open water showed it!

10-07-2005, 12:23 PM,
I liked Into the Blue, surprisingly after the horrible reviews in the papers.  My very first post-certification dive was in Nassau,on the plane they had sunk for the movie, so I have been waiting years to see the film.  They were still fiming with the boat with the "mail boxes" in what they called the Shark Pit next door to our dive site.  The plane is a better dive than the movie presents it, much better visibility and a nice reef/wall nearby.  They have removed the doors (and the pilots and the drugs) -- but it is still a good dive albeit an easy wreck dive.  It was a treat to see it again...just wish I would have run across Alba on my trip.