Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby
08-29-2004, 01:06 PM,
Re:Crosby
Did an "AWESOME" night dive in Austad last night (Saturday). Played around by the car and swam thru the tree's that make Sherwood Forest at Wazee look like no trees at all!!!
And the viz was great...Saw some really nice northerns hanging around in the logs. This had to be one of my top 5 night dives ever !!! ;D

All I can say is WOWZA !!!

Jean

P.S. And a full moon to boot!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh 8)
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-29-2004, 02:44 PM,
We ended up diving Pennington from the boat ramp. Below 50' was absolutely black. Kinda scared me. And COLD! Around 20, to the right, we hit some trees, lots of lures stuck in them...(could make a fortune!), panfish, and some really strange, light greenish yellow algae stuff floating near large boulders...new to me, anyway. Inside one of the crevices (sp?) I saw a nice 14 inch catfish. Anyone ever seen cats in them there pits?

I was really hoping for a deep dive. Will try Huntington next week. Got a couple of maps from MSD, ran into an old classmate of mine there also! Nice place. Good maps, by the way! The ones I found on the DNR site are a bit outdated, since some of the roads have been blocked off, and if you're not familiar with the area, as I am, you second guess where the heck you're at!
08-29-2004, 09:55 PM,

Actually , yes , we saw a nice big fat one on our nite dive...I am trying to remember , but I think that is the 1st time I have ever seen a , er , bullhead (YUCK) up in Crosby. At least they are few and far between up there!!! Wink

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-30-2004, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2004, 05:58 AM by MNLakeDiver.)
That was a great nite dive.
the whole weekend was just the thing I needed.
I,ve seen 4-5 bullheads in the pits I always thought they were cool to watch.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
08-30-2004, 08:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2004, 08:31 PM by scubadog76.)
It was awesome seeing so many up there this weekend. We had a great dive a Pennington. We went to the next access down from the boat ramp on the north side. We had great vis at 120' and no sign of andromina strain that goes along with all the Crosby pits. There was a school of probably 800- 1" long bass minnows and their mother was close by trying to eat any fish that got close to them. We watched them for over 10 minutes. It's my new favorite pit! great dives with great people! (sounds like a beer commercial)

I had 3 car washes and my car is still orange. I guess you can't make and omelette without breaking eggs.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson