Remember me
Lost Password Register

Henderson Gold Core Wetsuits
09-13-2004, 08:24 PM,
Re:Henderson Gold Core Wetsuits
Quote:But what is the difference between a \"freediving\" suit and other suits?
Freediving suits are usually more elastic because of the quality of neoprene used and many are made opencell/unlined inside and closed cell/unlined neoprene outside, no zippers, integrated hood.
Quote:Are all wetsuits beside Drysuits considered \"freediving\" suits??

Not really...scuba wetsuits are usually quite stiff and restrictive with the nylon inside and nylong outside shells
Quote:Also I heard that the gold core once on, really sticks and seals to your skin, making it very warm. But are you saying just normal opencell suits are better??
An open cell will never change on the inside.. gold core or other ? core suit linings do wear off.. although they will seal very well to your skin.. opencell suits are better.. just that they are a bit of a pain to put on because of the lube, which you really should use on the ? core suits too. What really makes the freediving suits water tight is the fact that they have no zippers and the elios suits and others have an integrated hood, they seal up great. In my 5mil open cell inside/closed cell outside suit I will come out of the water after hours of diving and most of the moisture inside my suit is from the lube I put on before the dive.. they just do not let water in. Even the 3mil suit I have that is lined with a superstretch lining lets in very little water. I would say my 3mil freediving suit is like a 5mil scuba suit and my 5mil suit is like a 7mil scuba suit.. OR better. Plus the cost of an ELIOSSUB suit that is custom fit will still be less I believe than a henderson of the shelf suit and custom fit is nice nice.

Cold and dark down there huh?
09-14-2004, 01:05 PM,

I've seen you in your wet suit, it's not the liner . it must be the extra bone mass and musle you've added Big Grin
[/quote]

Hmmm...you are probably right. But if I added bone and muscle mass, how come I had to add more lead? :o
09-15-2004, 09:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2004, 09:01 AM by waterpanda.)
I bought a Henderson Hyperstretch Titanium (I hope I got all that right) last year. It is really great because of ease of getting in and out of the suit. I have had it on in 42 degree water and the only thing that was cold was my fingers and cheeks. I think its a great suit.
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
10-08-2004, 11:46 AM,

I've seen you in your wet suit, it's not the liner . it must be the extra bone mass and musle you've added Big Grin
[/quote]

Hmmm...you are probably right. But if I added bone and muscle mass, how come I had to add more lead? :o
[/quote]

Because of you increased Lung Capacity!!!

04-30-2005, 05:33 PM,
Re: Henderson Gold Core Wetsuits
Some great information here, with lot's to choose from. I've been diving in everything, and if I was looking for a wet suit, it's all about layering, just like with clothes in cold weather. I have a Henderson goldline 3mm which I alway's start with, and put a nice 3 mil vest under that, with a cold water, Goldline 6 mil hood put on, before I pull over the 3 mil vest. Then I have a 3 mil Hyperstretch over the top of all that if I'm going to be in, oh, 72 degree water all day long. I always wear 6 mil booties. Last week I was in a cave system, in 58 degree water, sump diving, for 12 hours, and was fine with that set up, but started to loose my body temp., mostly because of the lack of food, and physical exersion. Your head, feet need the 6 mil, and chest has to have 9 to 12 mil of cover to keep your body temp. Then, you can pull layers off if your in Florida, Cayman, whatever. You have some options for warmer dives. Cold water....drysuit.... My goldline stuff is working great after 100 dives.....
02-01-2006, 03:15 PM,
Re: Henderson Gold Core Wetsuits
I purchased a Henderson Gold Core semi-drysuit last summer to use during my Open Water Training dives (I am an Instructor). I did find it easy to get into and out of and the fact that it did stretch was nice, however, I did not find it as warm as the Dacor sem-drysuit.

Would I buy it again? Probably not.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201