Remember me
Lost Password Register

June 29-30th  Anybody wanna get wet this weekend?
06-27-2002, 08:57 PM,
Re: June 29-30th  Anybody wanna get wet this weeke
Jason,<br><br>I consulted my sources in Okoboji and according to them there is a good chance that the place would be crowded including campsites due to the following events (one event involves boats at the lake and another involves bycicles all over the place):<br>                         <br>                       Treasure Village Gospel Concert<br>                       Sunday<br>                                          <br>                         <br>                       Okoboji Summer Theater - Sunday, June 30<br>                       <br>                         <br>                       Fireworks Display - Saturday, June 29<br>                       <br>                       Lake Mainsail Cruise-In Competitions<br>                       <br>                         <br>                       University of Okoboji Cycling   Classic               Ride<br>                       Saturday, June 29<br><br>In addition, two diving schools  will be doing check-out dives and open water classes in some of my favorite underwater landmarks Saturday afternoon and evening and Sunday all day.  I might go to Okoboji, but if I go would be very early on Satuday morning and I will be back in Mankato before 4:00 pm.  I do not want to be in Okoboji during congestion time.  So if anyone is interested in Okoboji be aware that this Saturday afternoon and Sunday allday is likely to be crowded.  If anyone want directions you can follow me very early this saturday if I decide to go.<br><br>cheers,<br><br>JJ<br><br>
06-28-2002, 06:44 AM,
Dan,<br><br>Portsmouth is the to the right of the paved road leaving Crosby.  We will attempt to stay at the commercial campground there which is right off the road.  If it's not open, then we'll likely camp at Louise.<br><br>I've dove portsmouth a couple of times, I saw lots of crappie in there last time and good structure.  There is a public landing which is the only place that I've dove from.<br><br>The agenda is pretty flexible, Kyle and I usually do a couple dives in the morning and then do a couple in the afternoon.<br>I will hopefully be up there around 7:30/8PM tonight.  My cell phone is 612-232-1736 but it may not have service up there (voicestream).<br><br>It'll be great if you can come up and dive with us.  The more the merrier.<br><br>Dan
06-28-2002, 08:29 AM,
Since IOWA sounds too crowded, and I know where Portsmouth is<br>(I dove Pennington mine twice last year...Had a blast)<br>I think I will creep up there early Sun Morning  (Before 8 AM)<br>If I am not there on time, please just go, and I will find you later!!!!<br><br>That is, if you will let me dive with y'all....<br><br>Thanks again...Jean<br><br>
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH