Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Locations - Suggestions?
05-24-2002, 12:59 PM,
Re: Dive Locations - Suggestions?
<br>How about Lake Okoboji in Iowa? 3hrs from the cities.  Multiple dive locations.  
--Jason
05-27-2002, 01:51 PM,
I am game for nearly any of these outings as schedule permits. Don't care for deep dives yet.
Leon
05-27-2002, 04:24 PM,
I'll 2nd Okoboji for some time this summer. I went there this weekend with Jose. Had a great time and some good dives. Saw my first tiger musky, a bass-zilla, and quite a few medium sized bass and walleyes. Jose was disappointed cause he thought there should be even more fish, and I was happy with what we had! He said that the day before when the weather was better, there where about 5 muskies, and piles of sunfish. If it gets better I want to be there. Besides there are water pipes that make navigation a snap. <br><br>GP, if we do the Maderia this summer, bring that camera along. I've been itching to see an underwater digital up close. Oh wait, I might love it and have to buy one, and my wife will kill me.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
05-27-2002, 04:56 PM,
I'll give okobogi my vote jose and I went there this weekend<br>the weather was great and vis.even better.<br>we dove the pipe line and the tower <br>the tower was really cool with the amount and variety of fish schooling around it I cant wiat to go back<br>brucev
05-28-2002, 04:07 AM,
Sounds good to me, lets get some dates set.
05-31-2002, 01:25 PM,
Here are the places Smith Diving likes to go to:<br>They have free dives on the following dates if you don't have a buddy.<br>June 15th, Perch Lake<br>June 29th, Lake Independence<br>July 7th, Spectacle Lake<br>July 27th, Little Long Lake<br>Aug 10th, Perch<br>Aug 24th, Little Long Lake<br>
Leon
06-05-2002, 05:18 PM,
How does Aug 24th work for the Maderia. I have never been up there so I don't know if this is a good time or not. It would probably get cold if we waited too long. Okoboji seems to stay open till around Thanksgiving (from what I have heard) so there is still plenty of time for that.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
06-06-2002, 04:31 AM,
Quote:How does Aug 24th work for the Maderia. I have never been up there so I don't know if this is a good time or not. It would probably get cold if we waited too long. Okoboji seems to stay open till around Thanksgiving (from what I have heard) so there is still plenty of time for that.
<br><br>Ill start it up on the dive trip area and see where it goes.
Leon
06-09-2002, 04:27 PM,
Can anyone put up a list of local lakes, within 20 miles of Minneapolis. Wil give me something else to do during the week instead of drinking :-)<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............