Remember me
Lost Password Register

used dry suit..good idea? or bad?
02-19-2005, 12:54 AM,
Re: used dry suit..good idea? or bad?
davsholm423,
  A good quality wetsuit for $400+? I hate to ask where you are shopping. Wow! I bought mine for about $120. It's a 7mil, very stretchy and has wrist and ankle semi-seals. Since wetsuits wear out in a couple years, you might as well make a downpayment on a dry suit at that price.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
02-19-2005, 09:44 AM,
What size are you? I just sold a drysuit for $450.00 it was pressure tested and everything.  We have an O'Neill which was used 2 times for $450.00 it is a medium.
We also have 6.5 to 7 mm farmer john wet suits for $190.00
02-19-2005, 09:54 AM,
I was mistaken when I put $400 in my earlier post. But even on Leisure Pro a Henderson 7mm is $325.  And I'm not saying there are not deals to be made. But if I was in your position I would try and hold off like "Scubafreak" said, and invest in a more name brand and quality drysuit that will last.

02-19-2005, 12:37 PM,
The O'Neill is a great line I have had several (wore them out) The price is good on the one on the page here if it fits. I know own a whites custom which I am very happy with. Once I retired from the military I grew a little bit so a custom worked out better. Spendy though. we had whites in the Navy they hold up great and we probably did a little more hazzardous work with them then you'll probably do. Go with a good name brand but do shop around.