Remember me
Lost Password Register

I'd Like to dive Green Lake this spring-plane related.
03-10-2005, 08:35 AM,
Re: I'd Like to dive Green Lake this spring-plane related.
My interest is definetly peaked.  What is the story with this crash?  When did it happen? was it some kind of military flight, I dont remember anything about a plane crashing in a lake in the last few years but I may have missed something.

Doug
AOW
03-10-2005, 09:39 AM,
I belive the crash happened in the 50's and the military searched for the plane and couldn't find it. It was just discovered last year by some fisherman with an underwater camera.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
03-10-2005, 10:57 AM,
The L-19 crashed in Green Lake on the night of Oct. 15, 1958
03-11-2005, 06:03 PM,
For further reported info of the plane crash , go to" Basic Scuba Discussions , Military plane wreck green lake "  , last post was  on august  of '04 and you can view  extended info and news stories.
04-01-2005, 10:26 AM,
So does anyone know if the plane is still there and if they are allowing people to dive it?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-10-2005, 07:59 PM,
I have a group of 5 that would like to make the plane a dive destination.  Where can I get information on the location?
04-11-2005, 07:44 AM,
Good luck.  Sounds like those who know where it's at are keeping its location secret.  Oh well.  If you do find out where it's at, let us know.
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
04-15-2005, 08:10 PM,
I dive buddies in Iowa  and I am in northern Minnesota  Wejust thougt it would be a good halfway point for both of us to meet and dive in Green Lake  anyone like to share info  sure would appreciate it     
05-20-2005, 09:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2005, 09:37 AM by tgoetze.)
Two of my buddies and I would also like to dive it this summer.  We were wondering if anyone has the coordinates and if they do would the PM or email them to me.  We would not share the coordinates with anyone and we would leave it as is.  I am an instructor with the philosophy of "Take Pictures, Leave Bubbles" mentality.  Sound like it could be an interesting piece of history and could be a fun dive.
05-20-2005, 06:48 PM,
Jesse, an instructor with Underwater Sports Adventure of St. Cloud did an ice dive on the wreck in March and took some good video footage of the dive.  Call Ed (owner)  from UWSAI and he can probably get you in touch with him.