08-01-2006, 03:48 PM,
Re: Wazee report
Mark, how about putting it in up at Lake Mine or St. James Pit? Wink
[/quote]

I'll give you some pointers on how not to sink s gazing ball.  Smile
-Matt
04-21-2007, 08:20 PM,
Dan G and I did three dives at Wazee today.  It was a beautiful day for diving though a bit windy.  Viz was only 15 feet or so.  Surface water temp was 45F.
06-30-2007, 11:12 AM,
Thinking about going to dive Wazee next month and just wondering what the viz is like.  Also any reports about Crosby in Northern MN?
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
07-01-2007, 03:11 AM,
I LOVE Wazee AND Crosby!! I've always seen great vis at both sites. At Wazee, Sherwood Forest is always lots of fun and up in Crosby I've dove a few different sites but the vis has always been great. Always at least 20-30 feet.
07-01-2007, 06:19 AM,
We dove Wazee Yesterday.  Viz in the shallow water was maybe 10 feet but once below 70 feet it was great at least 30 feet.  It was a perfect day for diving and there were a lot of divers there.
07-01-2007, 09:06 AM,
Yeah, been up to Crosby but I thought that area was having issues with mining lowering the water.  I wanted to check out Wazee but it sounds like you have to get in first thing in the morning or your swiming in silt from other divers.
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
07-01-2007, 10:57 AM,

Lake Ore-Be -Gone is the lake/mine pit that is much lower due to renewed mining.  It is in Gilbert, MN.  Not very close to Crosby.  I'm not aware of issues with water levels in Crosby.

As far as silt from other divers at Wazee, it depends upon where you want to dive.  The 20-30 ft area just in front of the entrance point at Sherwood does get kicked up a bit, but most other entrances all you need to do is get away from the entrance area for reasonable visibility. 

Jeff
Jeff
08-27-2007, 08:14 PM,
We did a dive today at Wazee on our way back from Lake Michigan.  We dove the Wall, vis was excellent below 70ft, we had about 50+ feet of vis at depth.  Evidently the Gargoyle is a size 40DD.  8) 
-Matt