Remember me
Lost Password Register

Minnesota's Best?
08-10-2005, 03:27 PM,
Minnesota's Best?
I got my OW earlier this year and spent a week in Cozumel diving. Would like to try a dive close to home. I've read the previous postings and Crosby seems like a great place to try. Would be open to suggestions.

If you could only make one dive this summer, where would you go?
08-10-2005, 03:41 PM,
Re: Minnesota's Best?
I would recommend Lake Wazee based on your skill level. You will find very easy shore access, good visibility, and warm water in the 0-40 ft range. 
--Jason
08-10-2005, 03:52 PM,
For me it would have to be Superior wrecks.  I love checking out the craftsmanship on the ELY
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM,
I agree that Wazee is a great place too.  I go there almost every weekend.  If you do go to Crosby, Louise may be a good pit to try first.  There are several good ones, but Louise is good and has an easy entry.
08-10-2005, 04:08 PM,
I prefer Crosby it is closer for me and I dont have to pay to get in or pay diving fees. there are also a wide varity of dive spots for a wide range of skill levels.
the only draw back is the roads in some of the pits. but I have been known to meet divers in crosby and haul them in my Scuburban  ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
08-10-2005, 04:15 PM,
Crosby Mines, Wazee, Ore-Be-Gone and Lake Mine are pretty good for all levels of diving.
-Matt
08-10-2005, 08:11 PM,
Lake Wazee everyday and twice on Sunday, there is something for everyone there, very shallow to extremely deep...

08-11-2005, 08:05 AM,
compare Coxumel diving (colorful coral and fish) to fresh water diving?

haven't dove wazzee or crosby, but have dove Ore-Be-Gone in Gilbert, vis is good, lots to explore.

if i could only do one dive this summer where would i go?

Papua New Guinea!!!  ;D