Re:Favorite and least fav gear
Favorite:
toss up between my Dacor mask and my Suunto Cobra

Least Favorite:
not a big fan of the Scuba Pro Twin Jets

Most recent acquisition:
some brass clips and a well loved 72

Next:
don't need anything, but sure wish for a drysuit and couple of Pressed Steel HP 120's....oooh, a new regulator isn't far behind
02-27-2003, 11:07 PM,
Tol; just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the Twin Jets. Have been considering a pair.
02-28-2003, 11:16 AM,
I love my Twin Jets... Very effortless and comfortable, then again it's all I've ever owned.
02-28-2003, 01:14 PM,
I won't say that there are any that I wished I hadn't bought because at the time they seemed like a good idea and in a year some of what I have now I may not have a need for. Having said that

Best money spent to date: P-valve

Money better spent elsewhere: DUI weight and trim harness

JoelW

03-03-2003, 10:57 AM,
Jeff don't sell the kids. There is plenty of time to buy your toys one piece at a time (and there is way too much hassle if you get caught selling the kids).

Punky, I like the Atomic Split Fins. They are comfortable (for me) and have worked well single tank diving as well as with twins, etc. There are several models of split fins out there now. It is all licensed technology (none of the manufacturers came up with the idea), but the foot pockets fit differently from one model to another. While you don't need to swim all of them to decide, try several on to find the best fit for you.

My least favorite purchase, the rattler. This was an underwater signaling device I got several years ago. The sound didn't generally get anyones attention. Well, that and the shaking action you had to use with it looked pretty odd underwater.