Remember me
Lost Password Register

PADI Refresher
02-08-2006, 06:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2006, 06:39 AM by willadams67.)
Re: PADI Refresher
No Mock turtle

And all I was trying to say was to enjoy diving. It's a hobbie for most of us after all.
02-08-2006, 09:06 AM,

Gotcha...in retrospect, I chould have realized you were commenting on his original post, and didn't quote me.  :-[ Sorry for my misunderstanding Big Grin

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
02-08-2006, 12:13 PM,
I agree with everyone that I should get more time in the water before i make these grand plans.  However, i'm the type of person that has to schedule things, or else it won't happen.  Even if i don't make it to my goal i've forced myself to get more involved in diving instead of just thinking about it.  I do appreciate everyone's input, and look forward to continued advice.
02-09-2006, 04:36 PM,
hey Mockturtle;
welcom to MN and MNSCUBA. You didn't say where you are in MN but I dive alot with GUDC and we get around the state. We have fundives in local (twincities) lakes and many trips to Crosby , Wazee, greatlakes, ect. If you want to join us or even just me for some fun diving it would be very cool. I am rescue certified and this spring should finish my dive master for both PADI and SDI. I live west of the cities in Buffalo but have ben known to drive aolmost anyware for a dive  ;D
also by spring I am planning to change my gear so will have a BC (outback) and some other gear for sale.
remember the only way to work on your skills is in the water so get there as often as possable.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
02-12-2006, 06:03 AM,
If anyone wants to jump into Lake Superior, or head up to the Iron Range, let me know.  There's a very clear mine pit up in Aurora, called St. James Pit.  It doesn't have a whole lot of fish, but the walls are fun to drop over.  I logged 40 dives last year, and Paul, my dive buddy, who is currently going down to the cities once a month for his instructors licence, logged right around 198 dives last year.  We love diving! 
03-27-2006, 01:23 PM,
Well, I did my refresher this weekend - it was a good time!  I still need to work on some skills, but it was great to work with gear again.  The staff at MDC is great, my instructor was easy going and helpful.  I recommend  MDC to any one looking for instruction in the Rochester area.  So, any thoughts on my next class? AOW? Dry Suit? Enriched Air?
03-27-2006, 06:37 PM,
All 3, you can work on Drysuit in AOW, also Nitrox.
CJ