Remember me
Lost Password Register

Photos -- Cozumel 4-11 March 2006
03-14-2006, 12:27 PM,
Re: Photos -- Cozumel 4-11 March 2006
This was my first trip to cozumel, so i don't know what it looked like before the hurricane. The reefs were covered with sand somewhat but still exceptional. I was very impressed with the diving and would definitely go back.  Didn't see as many sharks as i would have liked to. There is alot of damage on the island but it did look like most of the hotels/restaurants were open.

Will this be your first trip to Coz also?

;D
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
03-14-2006, 02:03 PM,

Yes...my g/f has been there, but, never as a diver. I'm very much looking forward to it. The only other place outside the US I have been diving was an impromptu dive in Aruba. This will be my first actual dive vacation as well. I'm very giddy with anticipation.  ;D
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
03-14-2006, 10:37 PM,

Thanks MN!  This little puffer was very friendly and kept posing for the camera.  The previous night, a different puffer was very shy and avoided me at all costs.  So you're right -- they have lots of personality. Smile

03-14-2006, 10:47 PM,

Many of the shallower sites had a pretty good dusting of sand on everything.  There seemed to be more algae growing on the reefs too.  The deeper sites were less affected.  Even so, there was lots of fish life on the shallow reefs.

We did Dos Ojos #1 on the mainland.  I think all the cenotes on Cozumel itself are accessible only to certified cavers.  A buddy was completing his full cave cert on the island, and they had some jungle hiking to do in full gear.  Dos Ojos was quite busy on Wednesday for some reason -- about 50 people there!  It got a bit confusing at an intersection of trails, with 4 groups criss-crossing each other.  Still, it was a very pretty dive.

Reefs: Palancar Bricks / Gardens / Caves (all beautiful), Punta Tunich, French Reef, Paradise, Cedral Wall, Tormentos, and shore dives from Blue Angel dive shop / Caribe Blu hotel.
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM,
a few more pics
A couple more photos from Dos Ojos cenote....

There's a large stalactite in the "Bat Cave" that sticks down into the water.

04-17-2006, 12:56 PM,
I've posted a few more photos from the trip:

04-17-2006, 02:02 PM,
Beautiful pictures!!!