Remember me
Lost Password Register

sat the 15th any one want to dive
04-11-2006, 09:43 AM,
Re: sat the 15th any one want to dive
  I'd be willing to lead the charge on a dive on goose Lake.  My boat could accommodate up to five divers on a small lake. Check the old ice diving thread for a map. We could even do a Easter egg hunt in honor of the holiday ;D.

Maybe even fire up the fish cooker for some grouper..........
04-11-2006, 12:27 PM,
shooter

sounds like a plan, goose it is, I do most of my diving up north so I dont dive this area much so i was hoping someone would offer up guide service Wink, I will talk with dave and we will figure out how to hook up, what time are you thinking?

Queen,

my wife has no problem with me diving it is the 5 hour trip to the lake and taking up the whole weekend. Plus if you go up this early the work list is huge to get the placew open and next thing you know you forgot to dive Sad

Dave

looking forward to your call

Doug
AOW
04-11-2006, 01:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2006, 01:18 PM by Shooter.)
  I'm game for any time.  It gets close to 50 feet deep,  In one area.  It s a little dark, though. Give me an idea of how many "Easter eggs" you guys want to try to find.  And I will place them on Friday night.

The best visibility is usually between 11 and three.  We can anchor the boats and swim to any of the dive sites.  It's worked out well before if we met at around 10 and coordinated from there.  It'll probably be best to formulate a dive plan on shore,  Get all the equipment set up, suit up and start diving.  Does anyone have a floating dive flag, we can use?  If not let me know ASAP, and I will try to get one by Saturday.  I will be planning on making at least two drops.

Then we could go somewhere and eat afterwards or have a picnic and eat there, depending of what you guys want to do.  I just checked and I only have about three to 4 pounds of grouper left that I would be happy to cook up,  Since I'm going to Florida on the week of the 24th on a hook and line trip to restock ;D.  Probably some free diving for tuna, and dolphin(dorado,mahi mahi)  also :o

04-11-2006, 08:19 PM,
I have a flag, I will bring it, do you need one for the boat as well? I also have one for it if we need but will need to check if it is in the garage or in the boat in storage.  10 sounds great to me I talked with dave today and we are going to figure out a place to hook up in the cities after we check directions.

getting all fired up >Big Grin >Big Grin

Doug
AOW
04-14-2006, 01:44 PM,
DOUG,

Call me to better coordinate our dive on Saturday.  Looks like our thread is missing several posts, and it's been down for several days.  My phone number is 612-214-6283 if I'm not there leave a message as to what time you guys are going to be there.
04-14-2006, 07:55 PM,
Shooter,  Haven't talked much with you lately.  Thanks for the card regarding our loss.  HAVE A GREAT DIVE TOMORROW.    Several of us are going over to Wazee    Lets get up to Milacs soon to find some of the treasures.

JOE

MAXFACTOR
04-15-2006, 06:49 PM,
dive report

clear skies, 75 deg air temp

52 deg water temp

viz 0-2 ft

pitch dark 10 ft deep

but we got wet and blew bubbles Wink

Doug

Shooter thanks for the fun, always good to meet someone as over the top about diving as you are.  Scubaru that is a classic.
Doug
AOW
04-15-2006, 08:42 PM,
Hello from one who dove Wazee on the 15th,

Beautiful sunshine, 65-70 degree air temp, 41 degree water temp.  Vis was about 25-30 ft.  It was a treat compared to our attempted dive on Phalen last Sunday!!  Most of us were at the campground dive area, Kirk went to one of the other areas, another (Wisconsin) diver was at the boat landing.  What a beautiful place for divers to enjoy what we do!  Picked up a can and a bottle from someone else's trash in the water!  Fish, fish cribs, platforms, the rock wall, the trees...I saw it all...and wished I had brought a third tank!!!  Happy Easter and Safe Diving Everyone!!!
Lisa
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-17-2006, 02:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2006, 04:13 PM by Shooter.)

Too bad we had such poor visibility.  It was nice to meet you, and we still did manage to get somewhat of a dive in.  Hopefully next time I'll be able to see you further away than 1 foot ;D

Attached Files
.jpg   scubaruspearboard.jpg (Size: 93.82 KB / Downloads: 112)
.jpg_thumb   scubaruspearboard.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.09 KB / Downloads: 0)