Remember me
Lost Password Register

Coffee club
04-18-2006, 07:34 PM,
Coffee club
Not much Happening out there, who besides Lisa is going to be at the park and ride on co 81/85 ave no. on sunday. How about  it Max not as much fun as re breathers, but have you ever seen rocks grow or how do you read a lic. plate underwater? what three things do you need to do for a underwater search? you never did answer that. what do we hear from you dave?
grumpie.........
  PS sometimes I can get to be real busy.
04-19-2006, 08:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2006, 08:51 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
Re: Coffee club
Hi Grumpie,
Sorry  I do recall that I was going to get back to you.   So here is my answer with a brief prefice:

Based on trick questions which have been part of the question of the day solutions, my 1st answers are silly but obvious. 
I would also like to say that really not enough information was contained in your question, but....... making some reasonable assumtions, I herein take the shot gun approach.

1.     3 things you need for an underwater search.
1.  VICTIM   2. WATER  3. REPORT OF MISSING PERSON

OTHER THINGS WOULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
description of lost person; last known point or position; search of area above the surface,ie  bathroom,  car, any other contacts,  other friends; call 911 local authorities;  develop plan; objective; surface support; site manager; WILLINGNESS mentally and physically prepared to do search; propert training, sollicite help from all bystanders, control the site, initial response team of at least 3 searchers to line up a grid pattern of last known area --  although an initial hasty search could be conducted; documentation of where search was conducted, proper gear, ropes, harness, keep and maintain all of the highest training standards we have learned with safety to rescuer being of highest priority;tenders, look out personnel with communciations, site manager, take charge director, staging area for command post, recorder,    last and certainly not least,   KEEP COOL  -   CALM   and COLLECTIVE   DO NOT STOP UNTIL AUTHORITES COME AND GIVE AUTHORITES COMPLETE HISTORY OF THE REPORT< SEARCH AREA,    Don't blame,   just give the facts to RESCUERS.    DON'T ENDANGER ANY OF THE LIFES OF ANYONE ELSE.   

I am sure I could keep going.  but.... I would like to know the answer now.   lol.......
I will also want to thank my instuctors at GUDC because somehow, this all just came out very fast.   I guess the continuing education I believe in must be working. 

MAXFACTOR 
04-19-2006, 08:45 AM,
how about proper training, support, and a plan
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-19-2006, 09:05 AM,
I used to live right over by there. Directly across the street from Blondie's, in fact. I still haven't gotten an app. from HCSO. I do have a line on a PT job diving starting in June though. I'll make it Sunday. Should I look for all the people with tanks on their backs?