Remember me
Lost Password Register

CROSBY BY DATE>
04-26-2006, 06:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2006, 06:48 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
CROSBY BY DATE>
Hi all    I thought before we start having a hundred Crosby postings,  we should just do   CROSBY by DATE.

THEREFORE I SUGGEST THIS KIND OF FORMAT: 

APRIL  28 , 29 , 30     camping out

I WILL be diving  Crosby all weekend.  Starting on Friday the 28th   afternoon  2 dives and possible 1 night dive

planning on diving on the truck 2 or 3 dives, and then Louise, checkingout the new platform, and the sailboat

28th  2 afternoon dives  1 night dive

29th  4 morning dives     later afternoon 4 dives possibly 1 night dive

30th  4 -  6   dives     pack up   be home by 8p.m. or so 

Anyone interested to join can contact me direct or post here.  See you up there and or downunder.   

MaxFACTOR
04-26-2006, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2006, 08:33 AM by LKunze.)
Re: CROSBY BY DATE>
Are you doing really short dives and short surface intervals?  How do you manage 4 dives in the morning and 4 more in the afternoon?  :o Do the dives on little pony's or spare airs?  Tongue
04-26-2006, 09:03 AM,
That is a very aggressive plan. you may want to run that on your tables and see how they work. 9 dives in one day  :o  if I could get out of town this weekend I would come along with the O2.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-26-2006, 10:31 AM,
Where's Crosby Mines on a map. I can find Crosby, and mnscuba.com says its 14 miles E of Brainerd, but I only see Nokay, Clearwater, Portage, etc

MN DNR only seems to have a listing for something near St. Paul.
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
04-26-2006, 11:21 AM,
the pits are all around crosby/ironton. if you dont know your way arround I would try to meet somone at the Holiday in crosby to guid you. you could also get maps at MN school of Diving. check the diveshops list.
04-26-2006, 11:30 AM,
Here is a map of the general area of the mines.

Attached Files
.jpg   crosby.jpg (Size: 71.38 KB / Downloads: 511)
.jpg_thumb   crosby.jpg_thumb (Size: 51.77 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-26-2006, 11:34 AM,

I did see that in my searches - but, which one is the mines?
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
04-26-2006, 11:36 AM,

Oh, wait, so the mines aren't a "place" but, a collection of places in that area?
04-26-2006, 12:17 PM,
I appreciate your thoughts on the bottom time.  Several of the dives are at 35 ft.  working on a platform.  Trying to straighten out some rails.  As it will use some air to do.  Of course I will be recalculating dives and for those of you who know my diving, I will never violate standards.    I also will rely on surface time and total day in calculating. 

Anyone else  besides CLAYSTAIN DIVER  coming up. 

MaxFactor
04-26-2006, 12:53 PM,
I just worry about a guy that is willing to buy at the narrows  Wink