Remember me
Lost Password Register

Perch Lake Report
05-10-2006, 04:42 PM,
Re: Perch Lake Report
Today was my first time in Perch Lake!  Vis is good, 10-15 foot...Got down to 17 feet.  Water temp was about 51 degrees though it did not feel like it.  I saw lots of bass and panfish and one loon!  Pretty sure I'll be back later this summer before the milfoil grows much thicker!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-10-2006, 07:54 PM,
Watch out for dem KILLER CARP!!!
I bet panfish aren't quite as aggresive as they were since I've moved south though...
(no one to feed the poor things) 

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
05-21-2006, 04:42 PM,
Air Down There hosted a Fun Dive at Perch on Friday 5/19.  Viz was pretty decent - probably 10-15'.  46-49 degrees in 20-30 feet.  Platforms is right where it should be, next to the the bucket.  No attack carp sighted :o,  but other fish were plentiful.  Definitely worthwhile.
06-12-2006, 09:14 AM,
Dove Perch yesterday morning.  Viz was bad (5-8ft) above 25 feet  but pretty good  (10-15ft)  in the 25 - 40 foot depth range .  I saw the monster carp again right in front of the water access in the weeds in about 8 feet of water. 
06-17-2006, 02:34 PM,
Perch Lake was fantastic today on the Northland Divers fun dive!  Kudos to Myron, he was kind enough to take my wife and I on a "tour" of the site.  10-12 foot viz and mid 60's to 30 feet.  Get out and dive!
06-17-2006, 08:41 PM,
Were you guys over on the park side?  DanG and I were out there on the boat launch side and thought we saw some divers over on the park side.
06-18-2006, 05:39 AM,
We sure were.  From about 8:30 to noon-ish. 
06-26-2006, 04:34 AM,
One dive on Perch yesterday morning.  With the rain, visibility was 5-6 feet.
10-21-2007, 03:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2007, 05:00 AM by LKunze.)
Dan G and I did a nice dive all the way around Perch Lake Saturday.  Total dive time was 158 minutes...good thing we had p-valves.  Wink Water temp was 57F at the surface down to 24 feet.  Viz was about 15 feet.  It was a fun dive.  I've really only done dives on the south end of the lake so this was new for me. 
We found the chain link platform on the north end as well as the old boat that used to be over on the south end.  We also found a newer boat that appeared to be put in the lake more recently as it didn't have a lot of silt on it. It was approximately the same size as the other boat and not too far away from it.  Both boats are sitting in 25 feet of water. We also found a wooden canoe with a big wooden cable spool plopped in the middle of it.  The weirdest item we found was what appeared to be a bomb or mortar shell or something.  We didn't feel like touching it to find out.  :o If anyone else has seen it or knows what it is let us know.  We also came across two big turtles sitting on the bottom in the northeast area of the lake.
10-21-2007, 01:56 PM,
I remember when the bomb appeared in Perch. Last I heard was that it was an actual bomb (the rear non-warhead half) that was somebody's lawn ornament.
Kinda like the lawn ornament mirror ball out at Wazee 'cept different.
I have touched it and it is safe.  ;D
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.