Remember me
Lost Password Register

Split fins: why not DIR?
03-13-2003, 10:48 AM,
Re:Split fins: why not DIR?
I went out and did some looking about split fins.

What I found were comments exactly like Jason's, the split fins work best with a faster flutter kick, and not so well with any others. (not my knowledge, just repeating from other sites)
03-13-2003, 10:51 AM,
I'm wondering the same thing actually...

03-13-2003, 12:23 PM,
I started out with a pari of Idea3s. They were ok, so I was really pumped when I got my splits. I have mixed feelings about them because I am a big fan of the frog kick and splits really are not very efficient for that. but they were obviously such a big investment (relatively speaking) that I'm loath to give them up.
03-13-2003, 12:58 PM,
I really like my Mares Volo fins. They are the hinge fins. Its a paddle fin that bends in the middle of the fin. They work great for frog kicking and other modified types of kicking. The hinge only flexes one way so you don't lose any power when frog kicking. They also are much easier to flutter kick with than standard paddle fins. I think they're the best of both worlds. The buckles on them are a little fragile though. Many of the people I know that use them have replaced the buckle with something more standard.
03-13-2003, 01:01 PM,
I've been working on my frog kick too, but I get so much water on the floor in the bathroom I decided to stop and wait for the ice to melt on the lakes...
03-13-2003, 01:06 PM,
I heard the news report that it might get up to 58f on Saturday. You may be able to pratice sooner than you think?
03-13-2003, 01:16 PM,
Actually, I'm one of the lucky 5 from here that get to dive the Mall of America this Saturday! Will be bringing my underwater camera along to take some pictures of the sharks... Looking forward to it. I'm a little nervous though, been a while since I've dove (last August).

03-13-2003, 02:40 PM,
What?! No way!! How did you get to do that?!
03-13-2003, 02:46 PM,
Re:Underwater World
We setup a group to go here... We got a full dive, (5 divers) so we got a discount as well.

Check it out here:
03-13-2003, 02:53 PM,
Re:Underwater World
Chris, what time are your dives Saturday? My mom and aunt are going to be in town to visit this weekend and we are probably going to be at the Mall so I'd like to try and check your dives out. Wink