Remember me
Lost Password Register

diving harness
09-03-2006, 07:09 AM,
Re: diving harness
Why would I be wearing my little brothers coat if it does not fit me? Shouldn't I be wearing my coat that fits?

If a Hogarthian harness is set up right, you should be able to get in and out if it without any problem. The question of convenience of a quick release for the durability of the Hogarthian harness is a personal choice. If a decision is being made to pick one or the other, make sure somebody qualified adjusts the "Hog" harness for you, and shows you how to get in an out of it correctly.

My wife dives a "hog" rig and is also Advanced trimix qualified and  she is not  "Real Man". She is a great diver though.
09-03-2006, 05:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2006, 07:14 PM by LKunze.)
The reference (though maybe a bit obscure) was to a scene from a Chris Farley/David Speade  movie called "Tommy Boy"
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
10-28-2006, 10:37 PM,
I put all my students in DiveRite backplates, and why not? Why would I put my students into a product that I do not trust, support or dive with myself. Since I dive with a blackplate (both DiveRite and Halcyon), I think my students get a great experience.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201