Remember me
Lost Password Register

July 4th weekend
06-30-2006, 11:24 AM,
Re: July 4th weekend
Sounds like there will be LOTS of divers up there this weekend.  DanL, Dan G and I will be up there for the day on Sunday as well.  Not sure what pits we're going to dive yet.  Probably hit Louise for one dive at least since the viz has been really nice there this year.
06-30-2006, 12:11 PM,
Hey Chuck,

Ozzie and I and a bunch of others are going up on Sunday.  Would love to have you join us.

Bonni
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
06-30-2006, 01:49 PM,
I'll be up on Saturday, and staying through Tuesday. This'll be my first time at Crosby... hooray!

(Note, this means at a point we'll have a Dan G., a Dan L., and I'm a Dan C. This'll be fun)
06-30-2006, 04:34 PM,
Add one Dan T for Sunday also.

Dano
06-30-2006, 04:43 PM,
And over here in Portsmouth Campground we have the "Dan's" section!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
07-01-2006, 01:58 PM,
I would love to meet you guys up there. I've never been to the campgrounds. Been to Crosby once. Mahnomen III last Sept. I may hit the road in a minute and just see who I run into up there. I'd love to take off for the whole weekend. I have Monday off too. 4 day vacation!
07-01-2006, 01:59 PM,
I'm not a Dan though. I have to look around for the "Dave" section.
07-03-2006, 02:18 PM,
would have liked to stop by for a dive with somebody, but had too much going on over the weekend.  Had a plumbing job that I had to tackle before I could go out for a potential search & recovery dive (somebody dropped an expensive fishing rod) - unfortunately, the plumbing repair took me all day so now the rod will have to spend this week on the bottom and I'll look for it Saturday!

hope everyone that's up there (Dan section as well as the rest!) has had nice dives and continues through tomorrow too!

Jon
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
07-04-2006, 11:58 PM,
Quick post-weekend brief before I hit the sack.

I hooked up with Tim and Scott1611 Saturday afternoon in time for one dive, then it was off to two dives Sunday, three Monday, and two Tuesday. And they were all a blast.

While at the lakes, we ran into Diver_Dave, wtdrm, fred, and mcdiver, though Tim, Scott, and I mostly dove together.

These were my first dives in my shiny new doubles, and still some of the first dives in my drysuit. At the start of the weekend, I was diving worse than during my open water checkouts. By the end, my buoyancy was nearly solid, and I just need some work on trim.

Scott took lots of photos. I expect he'll toss those online some time in the near future.
07-05-2006, 06:04 PM,
I was there and camping at Louise on Saturday thru Monday. Even though my computer crapped out twice on me. First a battery compartment flood, and second because I didn't clean it well enough. I hate them long surface swims because my computer is air integrated. Every time I quit a dive early because of it I swear I'll add a separate pressure gauge, but of course I never do. Still even those dive were pretty good since the computer didn't bite it until I had a good amount of down time.
Chuck, Steph and I got the new dive platform moved to its proper resting place. Got all the ropes and weight buckets off to. Now its time to use it. Well that and put the cinder blocks and weight buckets into a location to create cover for young fish.

Encouraged a few divers to get their spear guns out and help thin the suckers a bit more. I had mixed emotions on that. By the time I went hunting they were all scared out of the area. But then it did look like they did a godo job getting the numbers down in the schools hanging around. Should help the vis in the main jump off spot there.

All in all a great weekend dive trip to Crosby.
Cary