Remember me
Lost Password Register

pregnant hammerhead 55 pups DOA
07-25-2006, 01:41 PM,
Re: pregnant hammerhead 55 pups DOA
You said... "I simply don't understand killing things for pleasure, it's that simple. 

You might enjoy taking a good dump after eating a lemon marinated Giant Panda steak, lightly seared on an open flame, but you probably wouldn't enjoy cleaning out the clogged toilet afterwards.  Does that make you a hypocrite? "

I think I may speak for a lot of us saying we get great pleasure out of killing things, but that is not the only reason we take interest in the sport.  Many of us do not have a ton of money to spend on fresh seafood, and what better way to get a gourmet meal?  We don't just kill to kill, we kill to survive.

I don't understand your last paragraph, and how that ties into anything, but boy does it make me hungry for a panda sammich! 

Shooter...make sure you eat a heaping pile of corn with your panda steak, so the clogged toilet is more fun to un-clog! 

Ciao`
Hydrojen2o
Guns don't kill people...Husbands that come home early kill people.
07-25-2006, 03:47 PM,

Sounds like you are speaking from experience ;D ;D ;D ;D
07-28-2006, 12:53 PM,
It is one thing to kill something with the intent of eating it.  It is another thing to kill strictly for sport or just for the trophy.  I understand that people do this, but I can disagree.  There are lots of reasons to kill animals and there are bad ones also. 

As for your statement that you can't afford fresh seafood so this is a good way to get it.  From the Deep Sea fishing charters I saw, the fish is a lot cheaper to buy then the charter.

But those are just some of my thoughts.
07-28-2006, 01:01 PM,
before shooter

Attached Files
.jpg   before.jpg (Size: 8.59 KB / Downloads: 172)
.jpg_thumb   before.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.23 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-28-2006, 03:51 PM,

When do we get the "after"
07-28-2006, 04:33 PM,
There is no "after".  That vicious creature just took Shooter out.  RIP  :o
--Jason
07-29-2006, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2006, 11:01 AM by Shooter.)

[/quote]

graphic pic of exploding prairie dog removed by shooter on 7-30-06  ??? ??? realized that this pic was more appropriate on my other favorite website spearboard. Sorry if any were offended :-[.

Thanks mnscuba for a great website, in the future I will try to tone down my enthusiasm of my beliefs realizing that they may be different than those of some of your other subscribers 8)
07-30-2006, 08:27 AM,

[/quote]
[/quote]

COOL
07-30-2006, 07:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2006, 09:27 PM by Appolion.)
A lot of sharks are already endangered all around the world. Isn't it just as easy to fish for something that produces good edible meat as it is to fish for a hammerhead shark? As far as just killing things for pleasure, I think it's selfish to kill endangered species. It is also my opinion that people who get pleasure (unnatural) out of killing things should maybe be on the engandered list. 
07-30-2006, 11:03 PM,
Things kinda have to be kept in perspective here.  Absolutly- it was a waste of an awsome life which was about to produce more awesome life, but don't generalize all hunting and civilization that way.  Alot of countries on the other side of the earth, think we are crazy for opening all the animal shelters we have instead of just opening 1 deli or diner to cure the problem of stray animals.  When you are taking a dive trip out to Wazee in the fall, have you ever counted the number of dead deer ont the side of the road?  Have you ever noticed how bad visability is at lakes over run by geese and coots?  I personally think hunting is alot more humane than watching animals die of disease and starvation.  It also reduces the driving dangers that you or your family may encounter.  There is a huge difference between hunting and poaching!  By the way, did anyone see Ted Nugent on Saturday night?  Uncle Ted was awesome!!!
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson