Remember me
Lost Password Register

GUDC JAMBOREE
08-22-2006, 10:01 PM,
Re: GUDC JAMBOREE
This is Josh again, and I am reminding everybody that me and another employee (mike) at GUDC plan on going up thursday night and putting signs up for new-comers to louise mine pit. 

08-23-2006, 08:55 AM,
Thanks- that's a great idea. Chuck is going to lead us in but we were not sure how to get back out. And back in again

Also another question.  Is there a place to get air in the area?

We plan on taking one nitrox/ two air but will need more nitrox/air if I dive lots.

3 tanks in a car with gear is about all we can handle. LOL
gail 
08-23-2006, 10:15 AM,
there is gas fills in Brainerd. we tend to cut costs by rideshareing in or taking a load of tanks.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
08-23-2006, 07:24 PM,
We will be coming up Friday morning. Pulling a tent trailer. I have heard there is a different way in for trailers. I haven`t  ever  been there so will the signs show both ways.
  Josh I know you said there was a separate road. I should be pulling into town between 9 and 10 AM.
  Looking forward to the dives and seeing all you guys this weekend.

Greg
We don`t quit playing because we grow old,,,,We grow old because we quit playing!!
08-23-2006, 07:25 PM,
And you also have to be crying in your beer about the whole thing for it to be truly country.

Greg
We don`t quit playing because we grow old,,,,We grow old because we quit playing!!
08-23-2006, 07:41 PM,
Speaking of trailers losing wheels...my neighbor is doing repairs on his 5th wheel due to that very concept!  What do you know, he listens to country music too!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-23-2006, 11:52 PM,
well there is a back way into the camp site area that is more suitable for trailers.

once you see the turn-in, you'll know because it is quite bumpy, fairly steep, and there will be a sign posted.  so, just keep going past that entrance and take your first left on the small, but flat dirt road that will lead up through that backside of the campsite.  i'll hopefully be posting signs thursday night or early friday morning.

thanks everyone and i cant wait to start diving!
08-23-2006, 11:54 PM,
well judging by this, i think it will be a very interesting weekend.

ha,

see ya up there
JOSH
08-24-2006, 06:13 AM,
I just gotta find my banjo  :Smile
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
08-24-2006, 08:27 AM,
try to find a jaw harp and an empty whiskey jug...

(or maybe NOT!)
;D
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!