Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby This Weekend
09-28-2006, 12:09 PM,
Re: Crosby This Weekend
I plan to dive the Crosby area this Saturday but I only have a Caravan. <I know but it hauls gear well.> I've only dove the Crosby area once and the roads were bad from rain.

Does anyone use cars/vans to access the sites?

How bad is the access to Louise? Anything better?
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
09-28-2006, 04:06 PM,
I was planning on going up but Sue had surgery yesterday and isn`t feeling to well. Don`t want to leave her home alone.
  As far as the roads a mini van gets back into Louise with no problem even when hauling a tent trailer.

Greg
We don`t quit playing because we grow old,,,,We grow old because we quit playing!!
09-28-2006, 07:37 PM,
my little honda fit makes it to louise and I think it's got about 10" tires... ok... maybe 12", but they sure are small...
the pic is actually from Wazee

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0839_1_1_1_1.JPG (Size: 89.99 KB / Downloads: 187)
.jpg_thumb   IMG_0839_1_1_1_1.JPG_thumb (Size: 40.57 KB / Downloads: 0)
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-28-2006, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2006, 10:32 PM by DiverQueen.)
With one or two people and full dive gear my full size Dodge Caravan looks just about like that for a dive...Even deeper if I am tent camping!!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
09-29-2006, 07:37 AM,
Ny Nissan pickup looks like that ALL the time!  I wonder if I haul too much stuff around - NAH!  gotta be ready to dive at a moments notice (and it's too much effort to haul stuff in and out of the apartment since the parking lot is around the building and across the yard)
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
09-29-2006, 07:41 AM,
I'm bringing some wood to the Louise camp!
09-29-2006, 10:26 PM,
my problem isn't my gear... it's the other 5 or 6 full sets of gear I carry just in case I run into a half dozen people that want to give freediving a go..well, maybe closer to 10 sets  of gear.. anyway, there's no excuses if I'm around... wetsuits and fins of all sizes and lengths... masks in the numbers like I own my own dive shop.. weights and belts, socks and gloves, hoods.... it never ends....then there's the rope and the float, the spearguns, and whatever other survival equipment  I needlessly deem necessary and now and then... I do throw the tent in (it's a small tent).  sad thing is.. I clean most of the gear out for the winter and winter is soon here >Sad
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-30-2006, 02:01 PM,
Yup....And All That Too!!  I just saw how many EXTRA  fins I had in my van (4 pair)!  3 tanks, 2 full sets of Scuba gear, only one wetsuit (and one drysuit too.)
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!