Scuba Pro Regs
10-30-2006, 05:32 PM,
Re: Scuba Pro Regs
Ive never had a problem with my poseidons...... Wink
Oops Did I really say that?????
10-30-2006, 06:48 PM,
Good evening,
As chris can tell you, I have some very old Regs made by scuba-pro. I have never had a new one. I have them serviced at the same shop all the time and by the same tech. I dive in the same crap that chris dives in and never had a free flow. I'm very happy with my  Regs.
This week end I did a Refresher for the other dive shop down south and used a apexs set up and I liked it .
grumpie...... 
10-31-2006, 08:35 AM,
I just came across this recall notice dated 10/2/2006 for Scuba Pro MK20 regulators. 

"Over-tightening of the Yoke or Din retainer during annual servicing of these
regulators could result in a stress crack and failure of the regulator. If this occurs during a
dive, air supply could be interrupted, posing a drowning hazard."

Can't tell if this is the reg your friend is using but he may want to check this and anyone else using MK20s.

10-31-2006, 07:24 PM,
Most of my co-tech divers from Rochester dive with MK25/G250 regs. We have never had problems with our back gas regs freezing.  Many of our dives are deeper than 200' in 38 degree water.  We had issues with the old MK20 bodies on our deco regs only. That situation has been resolved by the new ATF body design.  We have had some issues with their other 2nd stages free flowing. We have not had any problems with the G250.

My wife dives on Apex DS4/TX 50 back gas  and she is happy with her system too. Everybody has an issue with each companies regulators. I would ask your local dive store's recommendation. they will be the one that would have to stand by what they sell you.  If you buy it from the internet, better do your homework.

Lastly. I always tell my wife my regs are better than hers Wink

Jim