Remember me
Lost Password Register

dir discussions
01-31-2007, 05:20 PM,
Re: dir discussions
Yeah, glad I could clear it up.
02-01-2007, 02:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2007, 02:20 AM by jpreston.)

I'm running in the same circles as you do when it comes to back problems, in the past year I found out my last vertebrae is fractured, nothing I can do about it except surgery but I'm not ready nor feel that it has reached a point of pain that would justify the surgery at this point. What I was getting at though I had to make very small adjustments to my harness since it is a single piece and find the sweet spot. Once I was able to do so it really minimized the pain when out of the water and making my way to my truck. I will admit it took nearly a dozen adjustments to do so.

If you have the opportunity to have someone show you the easiest way to get in and out of the harness you will most likely be able to wear the rig as tight as you like without the need of an adjustable buckle strap. Believe it or not there are some tricks in getting into and out of a harness that is not explained and really should be shown as it would take too much time for me to explain. Ask  eelpout sometime at the lake when we are all out there. Any of us would be more than happy to assist.
02-01-2007, 03:21 PM,
If any of people interested in the GUE/DIR program. We are trying to set up a DIR-F class in our area. WE have to fly one of their instructors into town (Rochester) for two days of classroom and pool. The class go is to Lake Wazee for the last 2 days.

If you happen to be at the DUI Dog Days in Crosby this year, you can ask Dave Sweetin ( DUI National Sales manager) any questions about GUE/DIR. He was actively involved in WKKP/GUE/Halcyon for a long time.

Jim Campos
02-01-2007, 10:31 PM,
Sounds interesting, I may have to attend.

As with most divers, I already have my habits about diving and why I do it.  But I'm more than happy to change them for a logical cause.  These guys sound insightful, I'll more than likely be there. 

Can't wait 'till summer.  I guess the superior wrecks will just have to do for this winter Smile

happy, safe diving
02-01-2007, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2007, 08:41 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
John Preston,  is there a local shop or group of guys that get together in Mpls. area that could sponsor a presentation to all of us interested parties and maybe hand out some literature.  Or if anyone wants to host a get together.

I'll buy the coffee for all

maxfactor
02-02-2007, 12:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2007, 04:15 AM by jpreston.)
Maxfactor, I would enjoy presenting as well as others from our group the DIR perspective. I believe if people would hear what we are doing and the approach we have to DIR they would find that alot of them are just on the fringes of going this route.

If you have a place and time we could do this I would make the time to present it. If we have enough advance notice we might even be able to bring in some well known GUE members.

Let me know what you think.

John P.
02-02-2007, 06:57 AM,
Just to show you how JP feels about the DIR concept, he just committed himself to a meeting in the Twin Cities. JP lives in Ohio folks. He is sorely missed by his buddies in Rochester. He does come and bug us most of the time because his fiancee lives in Rochester.

JP, whenever you decide to do this make sure you get a a hold of JM and I. I am sure we would like to join you shindig.

Jim
02-02-2007, 08:22 AM,
jprestron, eelpout  thanks.  that is very cool. 

please pm me and give me some dates that work for you in March and I will commit to a room at a hotel in MPLS. and that will give us some time to promote it.

maxfactor
02-02-2007, 01:40 PM,
Maxfactor I believe I got the message over to you with my contact info. Please reply to my work e-mail address as this will be best for all of us in staying in contact.

John P.
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2007, 06:21 PM by LKunze.)
I have not had much time lately and I dont now. I will post a follow up to Mr. Preston on Sunday.