Remember me
Lost Password Register

dir discussions
02-04-2007, 08:57 AM,
Re: dir discussions
REGARDING THE DATE AND TIME,

I will be speaking to John Preston on Monday.  We will get a date figured out.  Most likely it will be in the 2nd or 3rd week of March.

LOCATION WILL BE AT THE SHERATON AT  494 AND 100

They have a nice  big SUITE with rooms on both side and its big enough and comfortable enough for 100 people.  Plus, they also have pool, hot tub, workout and walk out to the main deck.  Plus, we don't have to listen to kitties scratching.

We may also have the guys from ROCHESTER present the Cave story as well.  We tried to do this last spring, but couldn't.

MAXFACTOR
02-05-2007, 10:45 AM,
what am I going to do with all this chillie :Smile
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
02-05-2007, 12:00 PM,
Hey James~
I
HEAR
THAT
MICE
LOVE
CHILI!

Big Grin
02-05-2007, 12:20 PM,
For those interested in DIR or would like to learn more about it here is a link to the GUE training standards.
02-05-2007, 02:53 PM,
I just wanted to say there is more to it than standards or protocols. Team diving is a mindset and once we have the opportunity to discuss this I think it will open a few eyes and minds.

Also I was the last to "jump" on board when it came to DIR/GUE, I question everything, but in the end it was too practical and made sense for me to evolve my diving into this realm.

Considering everything involved it made my diving, planning & team efforts way easier and more enjoyable.
02-14-2007, 09:33 AM,
We are set for March 20th and have Dan MacKay coming in from Ontario to give the presentation. We are looking at 2-3 hours including Q&A for those attending. I would expect a start time of 6 or 7pm for the meeting.

Maxfactor - Can you confirm the room size etc. and give me call to go over details? Thanks.

John P.
02-14-2007, 11:25 AM,
I would consider joining you all, but i am too fat to be allowed in the class.....i will just stick to my "F" book :Smile
Oops Did I really say that?????
02-15-2007, 09:44 AM,
JPreston,  That date will work great, I will call you after I get some details from the hotel people. 

Lonnie,  thanks for posting the link to the standards.  I was just thinking that we should do that. 

I think any diver who cares about him/herself and the buddy you dive with should attend this meeting.  We can only learn something from it.  That is what this community is all about.  Lets support the meeting by RSVP  once we select the hotel etc.

Maxfactor
02-15-2007, 03:29 PM,
Hey Max, if it's not a Cub Scout meeting night, I'll try to be there....
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
02-16-2007, 10:53 PM,
Jeez, I started it all. I apologize for not being able to respond to jprestons attack and cant make the presentation. I truly would love to be there

And then you go and choose a date that I will be in Hawaii practicing "Doing It Wrongly". We will be there for 2 weeks. Hope I can dive and live.(like I have 600+ times before)

ALOHA