Remember me
Lost Password Register

LINK TO DEEPEST LONGEST DIVES
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM,
Re: LINK TO DEEPEST LONGEST DIVES
I'd guess they tied the spear line onto a liftbag.
02-06-2007, 08:11 PM,

I usually wear extra weight when I am spear fishing, because as you ascend the fish become very positive buoyant.  On a big fish like that one when you are not in current, You can just blast some air from your regulator into the fish and it will go up like a lift bag and on the guys on the boat grab it.
02-07-2007, 05:36 AM,
Chech this out!  This was my my buddies and I a couple years ago.  Wink
02-09-2007, 07:48 PM,
I read that they didn't put a lift bag on that fish but just shoved a second stage into it's mouth and pushed the purge button until if floated.

Next year Herbert Nitch is planning on doing a 1,000' freedive with a sled. He has done 600' already and the unoffical depth, on sled, is already at 675'. The most amazing part of his freedives is that he actually stops at 20' on the way up to do a deco stop- without any air.

Last year Carlos Costes got bent pretty bad doing some 600' freedives, with sled, and has now started to do deco stops at the end of his dive. His total dive time was 5 minutes and he was at a depth of more than 350' for more than 3 minutes. Pop 350', for 3 minutes, into your deco porgram and see what it spits out for deco time- now plan on going, much, deeper than that and pulling off your deco afterwards with no gas. :o

The only type of freediving that claims no rsk from DCS is FRC diving- diving on full exhale. All other types of freediving open you up to both DCS and narcosis.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin