Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Minnetonka
04-26-2009, 11:44 AM,
Lake Minnetonka
Has anyone dove Minnetonka yet this spring?  What has the vis been like?  Where on Tonka did you dive?
04-27-2009, 10:58 AM,
Re: Lake Minnetonka
We would have but did not know where to enter.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-27-2009, 11:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2009, 08:35 PM by scubafreek864.)
I think I'm going to go out the next weekend that it's nice and check out the vis.  I have a 16 foot v-bottom boat ready to dive from.

PM me, if anyone might want to go.  I was thinking of heading to the big island first.
04-28-2009, 09:47 AM,
Are you going to be diving this Saturday at Minnetonka?  My dive buddy and I might be interested.
04-28-2009, 11:49 AM,
I might, depending on the weather.  They are saying it is suppose to be partly cloudy.  If I were to go out this Saturday, it would have to be late in the afternoon.  I can only fit three at the most in my boat.  My boat is a smaller 16 foot.  It is not a large deep v, like a lund or alumicraft.
04-28-2009, 10:20 PM,
FYI, the best area I have found to get into Minnetonka is the park right next to Maynards.  Plenty of stuff to find and it drops 20 to 30' without  a terrible swim.  Bring plenty of quarters for the parking meters.  Meter Maids are there at the very instant the meter expires.  If you plan to go on a weekend, go before noon or you're really asking for trouble with all the boats-Jeff
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-28-2009, 10:54 PM,
I plan on landing my boat at Carson's Bay landing.  Depending on the wind direction, and weather conditions, plans of going to the island might change.  I won't know until Friday night, or Saturday.
05-02-2009, 07:26 PM,
We dove Mtka a week ago on the sidewheeler south of Gale Island.
It was crap viz - about 3 ft.
Made the wreck an interesting experience - can't see much at one time.
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
05-02-2009, 09:08 PM,
dove around big island today... vis about 4-6 feet, possibly more but it was getting dark when we were there.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun