Remember me
Lost Password Register

FIVE TON BLUE WHALE CAPTURED /SOLD
06-04-2007, 02:20 PM,
Re: FIVE TON BLUE WHALE CAPTURED /SOLD
I'm just curious what this is really is. Its not a whale, and the blue shark doesn't get to a 1000 lbs let only 5 tons. The photos I saw look like the shark has been on the boat a while.
But if we're going to get on China's case over taking sharks, maybe we better clean house in the good old USA first.

Family Hopes For Record After Catching Blue Shark
The Crew Reeled In A 127-Inch Long Shark
Robin Hamilton
Reporting

(CBS4) LYNN Massachusetts has had its share of big fish stories, but here’s a whopper for you. A local family is celebrating after snagging an 11-foot long blue shark. Now, they are hoping it's a record breaker.

It was supposed to be a simple family fishing trip aimed at netting a nice meal. Instead, it turned into a feast of a find.

An 11-foot blue shark, caught 50 miles off the coast, took these fishermen off guard. “All the boat got excited because there were three around the boat,” said Kener Batista who caught the shark.

Kener says he and his friends weren't expecting much when they went on one of the few fishing trips they take every year, but Captain Jim Walsh says they were still hoping for a big one. They cast a line after midnight and that's when the shark bit!
Cary